Jumps n' scares

MadDan

3 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

I’d explain it the same way I just did.

The visible screen amounts to 50 x 50 tiles, or 5x5 chunks. A cell is 300 x 300 tiles.

The area screen is what your character remembers. Nothing new and it doesn’t mean we’re rendering tons of data that’s unseen.

I can’t imagine we’d save much of anything by rendering only the room you’re in, as you seen to be telling us to do. Can’t imagine that’d play well.

What is problem to make available 15 or more floors then ?

Any kind of time frame on this update? ^^; I've been waiting to start a new game for it because I'm really looking forward to those quality of life upgrades. ... Plus the whole "Actually still having long hair with hats" thing since that's a thing I've hated in video games for over 20 years. ^^;;

No rush, I just wanted to know if it was gonna be like "Oh yah in the next day or two" in which case I'll keep waiting or "Nnnnn not until at least next week" in which case I'll just play until then. ^^;

Edited by Merddyn
Clarification.

On 02.07.2021 at 01:28, Geras said:

Не уверен, нужно ли это, но сейчас они все равно очень редки. В моем последнем заезде я думаю, что нашел 6 охотничьих ножей на почти 1500 убитых зомби.

My experience. I played for 35 hours at 41.51. In the last playthrough, I killed more than 2000 zombies, found only one hunting knife in the zombies.:|

It is very interesting, when the developers add a big city and new turns to the map, will it be possible to continue the old saves?

Edited by vek

6 hours ago, vek said:

My experience. I played for 35 hours at 41.51. In the last playthrough, I killed more than 2000 zombies, found only one hunting knife in the zombies.:|

It is very interesting, when the developers add a big city and new turns to the map, will it be possible to continue the old saves?

In the post, it says in big bold letters: Likewise there is a big savegame file size optimization going into this version, which will mean that your current savegame will NOT be compatible. But, clearly, fret not – the current 41.50 version will remain available to you, and step-by-step savegame transfer instructions will be provided should they be required.

2 минуты назад OffitMan сказал:

В сообщении большими жирными буквами написано:  Точно так же в этой версии идет большая оптимизация размера файла сохранения, что будет означать, что ваша текущая сохраненная игра НЕ будет совместима. Но, конечно, не волнуйтесь - текущая версия 41.50 останется для вас доступной, и при необходимости будут предоставлены пошаговые инструкции по переносу сохраненной игры.

Dear friend, my question does not concern the compatibility of saving versions 41.50 and 41.51. My question concerns the compatibility of saving version 41.51 and the one in which there will be a new big city.