car keys do not work on corresponding near by cars

after waiting a period of about 2-3 hours of watching YouTube videos i got back to my current save of zomboid (i left the game open in the pause menu whilst in a car) i found a house with a Chevalier Primani outside and i found its corresponding car key inside the houses sink, i could not enter it or open the trunk, assumed it was for another car and moved on, i then went to a near by city and found a Chevalier Cerise Wagon with its corresponding car keys right next to it, the door was unlocked and i tried putting the key into the car, it did not work, i consulted the wiki to see if both keys where the proper cars and they in fact were, i would give you the save and its logs but for some reason the forums wont let me upload any attachments 

• 6 months later...

Well, if it wasn't a game but real life, I could recommend a reliable locksmith to you. I often turn to him, and he solves all my problems with keys. But since this is only an online game, I assume the fact is that you have not completed some quest or have not reached a sufficient level of character levelling to unlock the car. Think about what exactly you did not do or did not do at this level, and then you will be able to unlock the opportunity to start a car. Good luck to you!

Edited by Youngfei

• 1 month later...

I think you might not find the keys to unlock it, you might not finished the quest or you might not looted them before, I still did not reached this level, so I'll be back once I'll pass this one and send you a proper answer on this question. Either way its a pity you can not ask for a locksmith hayes to unlock your car :D it would be nice to have somebody able to unlock you any door you want for a small amount of money

Edited by HelenBr

On 3/3/2022 at 1:54 PM, HelenBr said:

I think you might not find the keys to unlock it, you might not finished the quest or you might not looted them before, I still did not reached this level, so I'll be back once I'll pass this one and send you a proper answer on this question. Either way its a pity you can not ask for a locksmith to unlock your car :D it would be nice to have somebody able to unlock you any door you want for a small amount of money

Hmm. a locksmith mode or a ability to open the doors that are closed. Maybe a quest for each door, I mean a small quest for doors that keeps treasure, could be interesting