Erosion - Nature takes over

turbotutone

Thanks for the mod!

Absolutely fantastic and adds a lot of atmosphere after some time in the game, especially when you go to explore the other city.

Btw when i installed it its only possible to start out in winter? Even lf i select other months i still start at December

thank you :)

as for the start month, i still forgot to take out that option, it was for testing initially :P

anyways, you can set it to a different date by going to the modfolder and browse to this file:

mods\Erosion\media\lua\client\Erosion\themes\ThemeErosion.lua

in the top of that file there are some settings, with 'SetMonth' you can set it to any month number 1-12

Is the b27 version of erosion just a ported version to the newest builds, or are there new updates/sprites etc? If so, I'd very much like the screenshot of a newest version (if it uses new sprites/color scheme or some new way of spawning of course) in action.

Also, I haven't played the new version yet, but the problem I've had when running it earlier were the vines that grow on walls - You can't see through them like you can see through walls, and sometimes it creates trouble navigating indoors when the house is fully covered in vines from outside. Also, the vines that grow on north/northwestern parts of the walls shouldn't be shown IMO, since the other side is always "covered" by the wall in this isometric perspective, and it isn't necessary to see the vines on the other side, unless you'll be able to collect/cut vines in the future, or they become a problem (for example not being able to climb through windows because of the vines).

Also, I'm not sure if it's fixed now, but in the last version you weren't able to cut trees that were spawned with the mod (although the trees that were there originally can be cut just fine). It was also problematic finding and clicking on your crops when the grass grew over them.

eya, depending on what version youve played last it may have some new sprites... id recommend watching one of twiggy's latest streams, its better then screenshots :P

http://www.twitch.tv/sirtwiggy/b/535013613

if you skip to about 1 hour, there hes walking around in west point midsummer at full erosion level, that should give you a good view.

Also, stuff like trees not being able to cut down is fixed, and a new item is added 'improv sickle' to cut down grass and bushes that may have spawned on your farm or other places.

The vines do display incorrectly in the transparancy circle etc indeed, as a result obstructing the view sometimes, its my bad as ive not properly set up those sprites ^^ will be corrected in next version.

regards

turbo

• 2 weeks later...

tried this on several characters now, and i must admit to loving this mod.

until it snows. then the white is almost blindingly bright, no matter how i adjust my screens gamma and other settings.

have actually had to resort to wearing polarized sunglasses to play sometimes.

Thanks people :)

Been neglecting this thread a bit i see.. sorry about that.

You should post some more videos showing off the mod. I've been starved of seeing this mod in action much. :D

I wish I had Zomboid. And a computer that didn't suck.

Currently no wip videos as they are a pain to make for me :D

But twiggy has quite some streaming saves of the mod in action:
http://www.twitch.tv/sirtwiggy/profile/pastBroadcasts

until it snows. then the white is almost blindingly bright, no matter how i adjust my screens gamma and other settings.

Add a warm coat plus winter hat, grab a jagermeister and pretend youre on ski vacation! :P

But on a more serious note, is it really that bad the brightness? Maybe the snow needs more blue hues.

Thanks people :)

Been neglecting this thread a bit i see.. sorry about that.

You should post some more videos showing off the mod. I've been starved of seeing this mod in action much. :D

I wish I had Zomboid. And a computer that didn't suck.

Currently no wip videos as they are a pain to make for me :D

But twiggy has quite some streaming saves of the mod in action:

http://www.twitch.tv/sirtwiggy/profile/pastBroadcasts

Add a warm coat plus winter hat, grab a jagermeister and pretend youre on ski vacation! :P

But on a more serious note, is it really that bad the brightness? Maybe the snow needs more blue hues.

there is always the chance it is just me being picky, but yeah the snow, for ME, is hard on the eyes.

but i could always follow your suggestion and see if that works, though i must say the zombie bellboy was very rude to me and tried to eat my wife. and the zombie waiters in the restaurant keep trying to bring me hunks of raw flesh.

see if i ever visit this resort again.

there is always the chance it is just me being picky, but yeah the snow, for ME, is hard on the eyes.

but i could always follow your suggestion and see if that works, though i must say the zombie bellboy was very rude to me and tried to eat my wife. and the zombie waiters in the restaurant keep trying to bring me hunks of raw flesh.

see if i ever visit this resort again.

Sorry to hear about the waiters and stuff, theyre pretty much the best you can find these days..

Anyways, ill drop you a pm concerning the snow.

I'm not sure if that's been fixed yet, but what about making the grass look a little more "white" during the winter? The clearly green grass over the fully covered in snow white looks out of place and a little bit offsetting :P I'm not sure if that's how winters look in warm countries, but shouldn't the tall grass get atleast a LITTLE bit of snow/white-ish feel to it? It's really noticeable, for example, in the woods area, where amount of tall grass is enormous.

• 3 weeks later...

I normally don't try out the big mods for games, since I feel like it ruins the developer's vision. Buuuuut since this is being implemented in the game for realsies, I can make exeptions. :D

The thing is, I have been wanting to give this a shot for awhile now. Everyone speaks so highly of it.