Game Of My Year

Strider

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You seem to be in either a very bad mood tonight or are overly serious. Either way, someone is going to call you out on it -- it might as well be a mod.

I wasn't in a bad mood yesterday. And as much as you'd like to, you can't ban me for it. I broke the forum rules (did the crime), I served the 3 day ban (did the time) so now why don't you leave me alone until I do break a rule.

Actually, scratch that. You're making it clear that you're looking for a reason to ban me. Let me save you the trouble. 

Consider yourself very lucky that this isn't a forum where we ban those whom request it on sight, even if phrased rudely.

I do not know why you've decided to avail this apparent grudge upon me, but I'll ignore it and instead offer this simple recommendation: relax.

To facilitate relaxation, please  enjoy this complementary video:

Games I loved this year:

Monaco

Metro: Last Light

Gunpoint

The Last of Us

Batman: Arkham Origins

Risk of Rain

Football Manager 2014

I actually replayed Lone Survivor on the PS3 and I've had lots of fun with it together with my gf.

It was also one of my favourite games in 2012 (PC).

Right now I am playing the hell out of Neo Scavenger, though.

Aw, mate, I spent countless hours on Risk of Rain and still have not found the Bloated Survivor.

Loved gunpoint, had so much fun with it, just wished it was longer. 

Played Monaco alone but liked it nonetheless. 

Completed Arkham Origins last week and I find it to be on par with Arkham city. But that's the bad thing, cause there were less new changes.

Is it that hard to just speak of your favorite games , that you played the most last year :D We don´t need this angry feelings ... we are all friends here :D

-The last of us

-GTA5

-Bioshock Infinite

(yes , pretty mainstream <.<) 

And to add something I discovered in 2013 , but wasn´t released 2013 :

Crusader Kings 2

I just have no words for this amazing game ( with the WORST german localisation of ALL time :D )

And to include PZ, the features added and developed 2013 were amazing :D

I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT! *columns of fire spring up, flies off laughing into the sky*

"GOMY" IS NOW A THING!

EDIT: I'm not the one who changed the title of this thread, btw. My power is so great that apparently others do it FOR ME! BWAHAHAHA!

She's gone mad with PoWeR!!

*Sticks a syringe into Mash* There there, shhh... thats it, sleeeep...

tumblr_lumtprBftX1qggw68o1_500.gif

Hard to say really...

Project Zomboid has been really good this year but it wasn't released this year( Albeit it has had alot of updates this year.)

IMO 2013 has been quite a disappointment. I mean sure battlefield 4 was alright but the completely buggy singleplayer really put me off....

But 2013 hasn't ended yet and...Today/tommorow (depending on timezones) the website survivor2299 will unlock/do something special...

Fallout 4 for 2013 goty?

I wish I had a time machine.

Oh wait

tumblr_static_tardis.gif

My GOTY is probably... Assassin's Creed 4.

Pirates done bloody good! I like to just sail, singing shanties, shooting the spaniards B)

I have to agree, AC4 is exceptionally well made.

The shanties, pirates, and ship-dog-fights are fucking awesome.

My GOTY is probably... Assassin's Creed 4.

Pirates done bloody good! I like to just sail, singing shanties, shooting the spaniards B)

I have to agree, AC4 is exceptionally well made.

The shanties, pirates, and ship-dog-fights are fucking awesome.

I might get liberation (ACIII) on vita. Anyone know if it had pirates at all?

It is a tie-in with Assassins Creed 3 so probably it won't have pirates.

In another note. I've yet to play Assassins Creed black flag. Maybe before the end of this year.

WOW DOCTOR WHO GIFS WOW

This isn't tumblr, bruh.

A friend of mine has a theory that there is a David Tennant gif for

EVERYTHING. And welll.....I'm testing that theory out!

dtss2.gif

i'm sorry i'm ashamed of myself.

It's oddly impressive if nothing else.

I don't know, this release year has felt... meh. I don't know what it was about it, but games I looked back and enjoyed that were released this year I actually have found I didn't like it as much as I think I did. Right now as for game I've played most this year, I've become oddly addicted to Skyrim again, it's insane. DAMN YOU STEAM SALE! Overall I feel this is a very lukewarm year.

Edit: I'm wrong. Saints Row IV, CoH 2, Gunpoint (might be my pick) Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon. Still I figured there would be a bit more, those were the only memorable games for me.

• 2 weeks later...

The last of us

Pretty much because it was the first time that a character has gotten SO CLOSE to my personality, I had a lot of moments where I thought about how I would do something and Joel would just litterally copy my thoughts.

Joel pretty much reacted to same way as I would do to any situation, the scene where he interrogates someone I was like:

Me: STAB HIM IN HIS RIGHT LEG!  

Joel: *stabs*

The last of us

Pretty much because it was the first time that a character has gotten SO CLOSE to my personality, I had a lot of moments where I thought about how I would do something and Joel would just litterally copy my thoughts.

Joel pretty much reacted to same way as I would do to any situation, the scene where he interrogates someone I was like:

Me: STAB HIM IN HIS RIGHT LEG!  

Joel: *stabs*

I'm still mad I didn't have my PS3 anymore when that came out. Feels like I really missed out.

Uh and the multiplayer of The Last Of Us is one of the best I ever played on this console.

Thinking about my GOTY...hmmm...there were of couple of games you know ^^ I miss out some games for sure but here are some that come to my mind right now. The release date of some might be earlier than this year, but nevertheless, these games kept me busy 2013.

• As mentioned: The Last Of Us
  • KSP
  • Path of Exile
  • GTA5
  • Civ5
  • X-COM Enemy Unknown (Although the old ones were better :P)
  • Don't Starve
  • Minecraft
  • Red Orchestra 2
  • PZ of course...cough

Since the Fallout 4 announcement was a total bust.

Starbound has been pretty fun.

So has Project Zomboid.

Right, Starbound has been a blast so far.

Oh I forgot The Walking Dead

Eh... I loved it at first. Bought the season pass after trying out episode one. I loved it up until episode three got released where I made the mistake of restarting from episode one to see how making different choices would affect the story up to that point... The answer was not at all. The story remained almost exactly the same. I was so disheartened I didn't bother downloading episode four. Still haven't finished playing.

So has Project Zomboid.

Eh... I loved it at first. Bought the season pass after trying out episode one. I loved it up until episode three got released where I made the mistake of restarting from episode one to see how making different choices would affect the story up to that point... The answer was not at all. The story remained almost exactly the same. I was so disheartened I didn't bother downloading episode four. Still haven't finished playing.

I think there's a bit of a bigger payoff to choices in episode 5. Though admittedly the "Story changes so much" stuff is a bit bull. It even shows you as much at the end of each episode where it boils your choices down to a list of binary states.

So has Project Zomboid.

I think there's a bit of a bigger payoff to choices in episode 5. Though admittedly the "Story changes so much" stuff is a bit bull. It even shows you as much at the end of each episode where it boils your choices down to a list of binary states.

Anyone who honestly believed that the game was going to completely change depending on your choices has no idea how hard that would be. It would cost millions- MILLIONS- to get that idea even reasonably achieved, not to mention it would add god knows how much time to development of the game, probably something in the YEARS range.

tl;dr Stop being unreasonable.

Anyone who honestly believed that the game was going to completely change depending on your choices has no idea how hard that would be. It would cost millions- MILLIONS- to get that idea even reasonably achieved, not to mention it would add god knows how much time to development of the game, probably something in the YEARS range.

tl;dr Stop being unreasonable.

I wasn't expecting the choices to change the story completely, but for a game that billed itself as having choices that mattered, I kind of expected... you know, choices to actually matter. To have weight. But they didn't. Every choice you made was pretty much made irrelevant in some way or another with no lasting effects on the story whatsoever.

If you're gonna have a linear story with no branching paths that doesn't care for your choices at all, don't advertise your game saying that your choice matters. I'm not being unreasonable for assuming that a game is gonna give me something it says it's gonna give me.