DerHouy

Question

Hello Ladies and Gentleman,

I got some question since Build 41 and RAM Allocation. Iv'e read that Build 41 should take around 1200 - 1400 MB Memory.

But the thing is, many people as you know play with many mods, so it will take up more Memory. The weird thing about this is,

in the past, I could set my Java System Settings with the known Parameters/Arguments and I'm good to go.

Now it's not that obvious anymore, if I set the Max Memory in the Java System Settings and in the zomboid64.bat, nothing happens, or Im reading it wrong, see picture "1".

It just does say JVM hasn't more than 1733.5 MB available. Also when I watch the usage in the Task-Manager, it always climbs up to around 2250 MB and then

does drop to nearly 1700 MB. Why isn't it possible anymore, or I am missing something, that PZ can utilize the Memory I give to the JVM Environment?

It looks like that it wants to climb higher, but then gets cut off or just the Garbage Collector kicks in.

When I also set the minimum RAM to 4GB, it does the same. Also does anyone "or the DEVS" could give us hints about what Graphic Setting (maybe Puddles and stuff)

drain the most performance? Thank you all in advance.

1.thumb.PNG.ab5b5d600bb9e337a2c0d643a68ab83c.PNG

2.thumb.PNG.4a195af0583e8700b28ae3ebb18a8526.PNG

3.thumb.PNG.ec73a46bc45aca4603b02905f0b6d1e6.PNG

3 answers to this question

On 6/25/2021 at 5:43 PM, DerHouy said:

Do you know since when this .bat files are included (which version)? Would be cool if you could tell me.

Since which version? As far as I know the .bat files are available on all versions that are currently selectable. And they are located in the main game folder.

As far as I know, the xmx which is the maximum RAM is properly applied in the screenshot, it shows that the maximum available RAM is set to 4GB but the current available is 1.7GB, since the game doesn't need 4 GB of RAM at that moment it isnt increasing it to 4GB.
I am not sure if the Java Runtime can override the game Xmx values, since those are based on the JSON and .bat files.
I would personally recommend editing the ProjectZomboid64.bat file and change the values there, there is already an xms and xmx value set there and you can just change that to whatever you want. After that make sure you launch the game using the modified bat file.

As for any performance options. Blood stains, puddles, dynamic skybox, zoom, resolution and double sized textures are the most taxing currently.

On 6/20/2021 at 11:41 AM, Beard said:

As far as I know, the xmx which is the maximum RAM is properly applied in the screenshot, it shows that the maximum available RAM is set to 4GB but the current available is 1.7GB, since the game doesn't need 4 GB of RAM at that moment it isnt increasing it to 4GB.
I am not sure if the Java Runtime can override the game Xmx values, since those are based on the JSON and .bat files.
I would personally recommend editing the ProjectZomboid64.bat file and change the values there, there is already an xms and xmx value set there and you can just change that to whatever you want. After that make sure you launch the game using the modified bat file.

As for any performance options. Blood stains, puddles, dynamic skybox, zoom, resolution and double sized textures are the most taxing currently.

Do you know since when this .bat files are included (which version)? Would be cool if you could tell me.

Archived