Thank you for letting us know!

MacBearington

I just wanted to applaud you for making the call and rather put a date far away instead of, as you put it, "stringing us along". As much as I long for the MP release I prefer knowing that it's far off instead of building hope and being disappointed every thursday. 

Thank you! 

• 1 month later...

I literally made an account to come into the forums and defend this decision if I had to. I'm a longish-time player (nearly a couple years now), and the original multiplayer was what originally sucked me into the game. I even put off the IWBUMS builds for a long time just because I liked multiplayer so much, before finding out that the feature set was getting quite a bit ahead of the public MP build. Now I'm firmly in singleplayer and haven't looked back. 

However, I am really looking forward to the new MP build, have watched the Thursdoids patiently, and far from being disappointed by the recent announcement, it makes me a bit excited that the MP build might *only* be six months away. They make it sound like an eternity in the announcement, and for some people (especially younger players) it may seem that way, but it's really not that much time. I won't even complain if it ends up running longer than six months. 

But we live in an era where people like to be negative for the sake of being negative, and where that toxicity is especially concentrated in the gaming community. That toxicity is also often targeted at game developers. Just look at how people like to complain about Cyberpunk 2077, which is a great game that people only complain about because it seems they feel like it's expected of them. You can imagine how those same types might react to a game developer openly acknowledging and taking responsibility for any perceived shortcoming. 

The developers are making something special here, and it says something good about them that they feel so bad about this six month wait. They really shouldn't feel bad, and I really hope we as a community do not try to make them feel that way. Worse than more waiting would be if they gave up on this game because we bitched and moaned about waiting.

Archived