Build 41 Beta [Steam] - Text Dissapearing

LeakyPP

The game starts with no issues, but after a minute or two of running the game will flicker and all text will just disappear. This happens in both the main menu as well as in-game. I tried turning off multi threading after reading about a similar issue but that didn't seem to help.

Any recommendations?

10 hours ago, Beard said:

Can you share the "console.txt" file found in "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" after the flickering happens again?

Here you go. In the main menu it's actually after the first lightning effect happens - the screenshot shows what my menu (and in-game) will look like.

20210615102621_1.jpg

console.txt

You seem to have several mods enabled, can you try disabling all of them and checking if that fixes the issue?
You can go to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" again and delete the "mods" folder to stop any mods from loading at game start.

1 hour ago, Beard said:

You seem to have several mods enabled, can you try disabling all of them and checking if that fixes the issue?
You can go to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" again and delete the "mods" folder to stop any mods from loading at game start.

It was happening before the mods, but I seem to have found a fix. Under AMD Freesync in Radeon Software I switched from "AMD Optimized" to "Off". It still happens but it's infrequent enough that I can actually play build 41.

Interesting, are the any other AMD settings that might change the actual game settings? Like anti aliasing or anything similar? The AMD control panel can force certain 3D settings on games, which can cause problems like these.

• 2 years later...
2 hours ago, VilladsAlex said:

i am having the exact same problem with Nvidia, so it cant just be AMD's fault. I really hope there is a fix for this since this is the only instance of exactly what my problem is, and this is not a solution

Do what OP did, but for nVidia then. Remove mods,  turn off gysnc and disable any possible setting that promise optimizations.

With a total of two people in two years reporting this, it’s anyone’s guess as to what it could be, unfortunately. 

i use Linux, so i dont have those gsync settings, so it cant be that. I also tried running the game on another computer with an AMD graphics card, and it also had the same problem. Keep in mind that i have never used mods in the game, and it has always had this bug ever since i bought the game.

Edited by VilladsAlex