Zombies get stuck in wheels

Seg

one of the most heavily used strategies against zombies in project zomboid is the use of a vehicle to slowly crush huge amounts of zombies at a time. I believe this strategy is rather cheesy and it would benefit player experience to nerf this strat.

what I propose be changed is that whenever you run over any zombie, the game rolls to decide if one of your wheels gets clogged. 

when a wheel is clogged, the vehicle will have a speed debuff applied to it, which reduces speed significantly. If you continue to use a vehicle that is stuck up, the game will roll to see every minute if your wheels get unstuck. While your wheels are stuck up, your wheels will take damage if you try to drive through it. If all four wheels clog up, your vehicle can stop moving.

The chance for wheels to get stuck up increases when you travel at lower speeds, therefore combatting the zombie crush method.

a clog can be removed by the method above, or by stopping the vehicle and interacting with the mechanics menu, where you can remove the clog at any skill level, with mechanics and strength speeding up the process.

I believe this will make vehicles less useful for mowing down hoards and encourage more planning and mindfulness as people drive. 

if you don’t believe this is an issue, nearly every serious server I’ve played in has banned this strategy in the server rules, and I think it makes sense from a common sense perspective, as project zomboid is a hardcore game.

Edited by Seg