Controller not working v41 IWBUMS

ScotchBonnet

Question

So, I recently found out that version 40.43 is kind of out of date. 

Unfortunately when trying to play it, my controller wouldnt work at all. 

Works fine in 40.43. All I did was download the beta for v41 IWBUMS. 

There was another version 41 on steam that didnt have IWBUMS next to it. 

Is controller support disabled for v41 or is something weird going on here? 

10 answers to this question

On 6/6/2021 at 11:06 AM, Beard said:

The controller should work just fine for either version. Does anything in specific not work? And have you tried going to the game Options and checking whether the controller is enabled in the settings + if you can test the buttons there?

Hi there,

Yes. The game is recognizing my controller and allows me to 'calibrate' it. But nothing works in game. 

On 6/9/2021 at 2:17 AM, syfy said:

personally, i hold out hope they will make it so we can map out the various buttons and triggers in the Options menu.

You can do this using steam controller configuration. 

If you dont have PZ on steam, just add it as non steam game. 

8 hours ago, ScotchBonnet said:

You can do this using steam controller configuration. 

If you dont have PZ on steam, just add it as non steam game. 

yeah, i'm aware of that.

tell me, which action do you define as a Primary Action?

how about a Tertiary Action?

Secondary Action?

sure we can try using Steam layout set-up.....

but i dont have a clue how to define ANY of the stuff their menu wants to assign buttons/triggers too

i use a Logitech F 710. Steam calls it a Generic Controller

we can alter what keys on the keyboard we want doing certain things, or assigning Hot Keys too

so why not give controllers the same option?

The controller should work just fine for either version. Does anything in specific not work? And have you tried going to the game Options and checking whether the controller is enabled in the settings + if you can test the buttons there?

On 6/10/2021 at 6:48 PM, Beard said:

Do you have any mods enabled?

Yeah. But it was only the big fonts mod and it wasnt enabled. 

Don't see why that would affect it? 

I'll try again and make sure mods arent enabled but i dont think thats it

On 6/10/2021 at 9:43 PM, syfy said:

yeah, i'm aware of that.

tell me, which action do you define as a Primary Action?

how about a Tertiary Action?

Secondary Action?

sure we can try using Steam layout set-up.....

but i dont have a clue how to define ANY of the stuff their menu wants to assign buttons/triggers too

i use a Logitech F 710. Steam calls it a Generic Controller

we can alter what keys on the keyboard we want doing certain things, or assigning Hot Keys too

so why not give controllers the same option?

sorry mate. your comment isnt very legible. 

if you have a controller you can edit what the buttons do...so you can make your gamepad activate any key or mouse button/click that you want. or switch buttons round. 

dont use the pz menu for controllers. it sucks. I've just left my controls at default but moved things around via the steam config like I mentioned and made certain buttons activate keyboard keys.

Okay so, for some reason the IWBUMS version doesnt work with controller but build 41 does. (they're supposed to be the same, just duplicates in steam beta listing)

Feel like devs should be made aware of this. Either way, just glad I solved it. 

9 hours ago, ScotchBonnet said:

sorry mate. your comment isnt very legible. 

if you have a controller you can edit what the buttons do...so you can make your gamepad activate any key or mouse button/click that you want. or switch buttons round. 

dont use the pz menu for controllers. it sucks. I've just left my controls at default but moved things around via the steam config like I mentioned and made certain buttons activate keyboard keys.

go into the actual Steam controller settings yourself, Generic Controller. maybe then you will understand the Primary, Tertiary and Secondary settings question. exactly which action you do in game do you define as the Primary action? using Steam settings, you will have to know .

i've been playing a LONG time, very familiar with how the controller settings have been previously.

and you CAN"T edit ANY settings on the Options Menu for controllers.

AT ALL.

thats what i am advocating, the ability to be able to edit the settings on your controller according to what button/trigger combo is your favorite.

Archived