Boots wearing out too fast

Apostolos

I know this is a game. However, I was in the military for 6 years and wore my first pair of combat boots for at least the first 3 or 4.  However, after putting on combat boots in game, they did not even last a week.  Not trying to be mean, but that is just straight up ridiculous.  If you have to make boots like that wear out, then they should only drop by a fraction of a percent per zombie you stomp. It would also help if items had a highlight or some sort of pop up indicating a broken piece of equipment that had been worn.  The only moodle you get is when you walk over shards of glass not knowing your boots were just suddenly not on your feet anymore and get the bleeding moodle.

Edited by Apostolos

18 hours ago, Apostolos said:

I know this is a game. However, I was in the military for 6 years and wore my first pair of combat boots for at least the first 3 or 4.  However, after putting on combat boots in game, they did not even last a week.  Not trying to be mean, but that is just straight up ridiculous.  If you have to make boots like that wear out, then they should only drop by a fraction of a percent per zombie you stomp. It would also help if items had a highlight or some sort of pop up indicating a broken piece of equipment that had been worn.  The only moodle you get is when you walk over shards of glass not knowing your boots were just suddenly not on your feet anymore and get the bleeding moodle.

You can also visually see boots disappearing on your character, but I get what you mean.

Intended to counter stomp abusing boyos.

Imo stomp mechanic is absurd and unrealistic in general.

I was in the military for 6 years and wore my first pair of combat boots for at least the first 3 or 4

Tried to stomp human skulls there ?

Edited by Caturday

Wear seems to be fine in general use, but they do deteriorate pretty quickly from stomping. I think this is overall a good implementation because you ideally should not be stomping on zombies. Maybe make it so gaping holes don't show up in the soles or whatever, though? Totally makes sense that trying to smash zombie skulls with your boots and getting them covered in viscera wears them out (maybe even make it cause you pain/minor injury??) but I definitely do agree it's frustrating when your feet are suddenly getting gashed up by glass or just walking around because the sole disintegrated.