Texture Problems with my Vacation Island map mod

Thuztor

After nearly a week, I tried to revise my map "Vacation Islands" and it works well so far.

But there are some annoying problems, which came up.

1. On the two pictures you see the same place inGame and in WorldZed.

I can't figure out, why my floor tiles get this grid border on each.

Also, some corner blends haven't the right position / or they aren't also shown correct.

Notice: You can see the grid of sand tiles in WorldZed too, but not of the other tiles. (like grass, street)

badTiles.thumb.jpg.354c9483fa39085a50c8e12c943341a2.jpg

nearlygoodTiles.thumb.jpg.fd5f583a1a4ac0f30e9a7f3750d2a6af.jpg

2. The next problem caused a game error.

I have this problem just with one tilesheet, as far as I know.

The tilesheet holds floor tiles like tiled-tiles and wood-tiles.

The old tilesheet has the same problem as the new 2x tilesheet.

Can it be, that the name of the tilesheet is not recommended? - the name is: "tz_floors_interior_tilesandwood_01"

Error:

ERROR: General     , 1622673472885> ExceptionLogger.logException> Exception thrown java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "tz_0" at NumberFormatException.forInputString..

"tz_0" is the first tile of "tz_floors_interior_tilesandwood_01" and the error occurs if you step onto the tile in game.

3. The third problem is just a little annoying. :)

I don't know, how I can establish the correct audio to tiles.

Sand sounds like sand, but grass sounds like street. :(

1. Is not a problem anymore. Except the blends, which doesn't work correctly.

If you have similar problems with a grid between your own created tiles, give attetion to the transparent pixel around the tile in the 128x256 field, which needs the same RBG colors as its non-transparent tile/object.

2. After I redesigned the corresponding tilesheet, the error is gone, I believe. I don't know why.

3. There is no tile-definition for setting a tile to "grass / dirt" or so... so maybe it's possible with lua.

Edited by Thuztor

• 6 months later...
On 6/6/2021 at 5:39 AM, Thuztor said:

1. Is not a problem anymore. Except the blends, which doesn't work correctly.

If you have similar problems with a grid between your own created tiles, give attetion to the transparent pixel around the tile in the 128x256 field, which needs the same RBG colors as its non-transparent tile/object.

2. After I redesigned the corresponding tilesheet, the error is gone, I believe. I don't know why.

3. There is no tile-definition for setting a tile to "grass / dirt" or so... so maybe it's possible with lua.

Hello! i seem to have the problem with the textures too (1) ... i dont understand this "give attetion to the transparent pixel around the tile in the 128x256 field, which needs the same RBG colors as its non-transparent tile/object." before anything, im a beginner on mapping. i dont have any transparent pixels on my image yet i have the same problem ... did we need to have transparent pixels on the bmp image? were you talking about the bmp image? and what is the 128x256 field? im so confused! i would really appreciate if you can elaborate a bit more or just point me to a tutorial. Thanks for your time!