Game crash before start

reaLe

Question

Hi!

I bought the game two weeks ago and I have played 60h until now, no problems at all, amazing game!!

Today I wanted to continue but the game will not start (last time I played it was yesterday, no issues, I changed nothing).

My Computer:

i7 4790k @ 4Ghz

16Gb ram

RTX 2060

1920*1080

What I have tried so far:

-Remove all mods

-Check nvidia drivers

-Downgrade to build 39 (does not work neither)

-Upgrade to build 41 again

I am running out of ideas. I have check the logs and the warning are related to textures not found:

Build41error.thumb.PNG.cef6f33ce94f38603bc81363cc3ef81a.PNG

Let me know if you need a full version of the log.

Thanks in advance,

Have a nice day

6 answers to this question

It is solved, I do not know specifically the reason, I checked a couple on thing in BIOS, saved even I changed nothing and it worked.

I no longer have the full log, sorry (or at least I think it overwritten).

Thanks anyway!

Seems like it stops at loading the textures, though you are loading some mods at game start which I usually recommend disabling as a first troubleshoot.

In which case try going to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" again and delete the "mods" folder to stop the mods from loading and see if that helped.

Thanks for your help, for 2 days it is working, I think I have found the error.

It is weird but disconnecting the third monitor (I only use it for Simracing) the problem is solved. It looked like every time the loading finished, it tried to switch monitors eventhough the third one is normally OFF... Luckily my computer case is near so I can connect and disconnect the monitor easily

Thank you very very much!!

31 minutes ago, reaLe said:

Thanks for your help, for 2 days it is working, I think I have found the error.

It is weird but disconnecting the third monitor (I only use it for Simracing) the problem is solved. It looked like every time the loading finished, it tried to switch monitors eventhough the third one is normally OFF... Luckily my computer case is near so I can connect and disconnect the monitor easily

Thank you very very much!!

Never would have guessed that.

Good find.  Thanks for letting us know. :)

Archived