Unable to upload new mod to steam workshop. "failed to update workshop item, result=2"

PseudonymousEd

I'm unable to upload my new mod "Playable Arcade Machines Grapeseed" to the steam workshop.  

The error I get is "failed to update workshop item, result=2"

The result in my workshop is an empty mod with no content.

This is my 3rd mod.  I've successfully uploaded my other two mods in the past.  I even successfully updated one of my existing mods today.

I first tried to upload my new mod last night, and got this error.  I went to bed.

I tried again this morning, with no success.  Other people released two new mods in between my failures.

A few things I've tried, based on guesses and some internet searching:

- I tried uploading the mod as an update to the "stub"

- I deleted the "stub" and tried uploading it again (deleting my workshop.txt file)

- I tried renaming the mod and uploading it as a new mod (deleting my workshop.txt file)

- I verified my poster.png file is under 1mb

- I deleted all my extra save files

- I haven't found anything in console.txt related to "result=2" or "workshop"

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Additional information:

- I created a different mod and successfully uploaded it to the workshop.  I was still unable to load my Playable Arcade Machines Grapeseed mod afterwards

- I tried copying the files to a separate folder and renaming the mod and folders with a shorter name

Problem solved.

Two of my sound files in the same folder had almost the same name.  They were capitalized differently.

How did I find this out?  I took half of my files out of the mod, then uploaded it.  I kept on adding and removing files from my workshop directory, then attempting to update my mod.  Finally I got to the point where I was adding a single file and uploading.  When it broke on one file, I looked at it and noticed that it had the same name as another file, except capitalized differently.  File removed.  Everything is fine now.

Yes, I'm a little upset that steam didn't give me any kind of feedback on why the mod wouldn't upload.

• 1 year later...