Trypophobia [possibly disturbing/NSFW]

mpower

I dont really understand what this phobia is , even after reading the wikipedia article .... a phobia of little holes ? ( on human bodys ?!? )

pho·bi·a  (fomacr.gifprime.gifbemacr.gif-schwa.gif)

n.
1. A persistent, abnormal, and irrational fear of a specific thing or situation that compels one to avoid it, despite the awareness and reassurance that it is not dangerous.

I dont really understand what this phobia is , even after reading the wikipedia article .... a phobia of little holes ? ( on human bodys ?!? )

pho·bi·a  (fomacr.gifprime.gifbemacr.gif-schwa.gif)

n.
1. A persistent, abnormal, and irrational fear of a specific thing or situation that compels one to avoid it, despite the awareness and reassurance that it is not dangerous.

I think that description is a bit off. I mean there are phobias of heights and spiders which can both be very, very dangerous :P

That's good if you don't understand. What I would give for this to go away. When I'm at work I always see papers with lots of holes punched by the tack on the board. It gives me the goosebumps and itch for the rest of my shift.

It's kinda crazy because I end up looking at the mirror to try to calm myself down, but I have a skin condition (passed down genes) that makes it so much more worst for me. After seeing the image on the other forum I'm on (that was at 3 in the morning), I couldn't sleep and its already 2:33pm now and I still have goosebumps and I'm itching like crazy.

Also watch this... informative... video. my whole body just got weak!

http://www.break.com/video/ugc/cyst-removed-from-neck-hole-in-neck-2366039

Learn something new everyday :P

Although quite perplex on the misleading search results, because I searched for Trypophobia via Google and ended up with tons of images of what seems to be a skin affliction of some sort with holes in it, but majority end up being photoshopped images and a weird obsession about white masks...

Then I read the wiki and it seems its got nothing to do with anything relating to skin diseases (although obviously a unfortunate side effect if you happen to have one) but Google is very misleading on the subject and almost seems to be deliberately trolling with its images of horrific skin pictures. I actually find the whole misrepresentation on Google more interesting than the phobia itself.

Learn something new everyday :P

Although quite perplex on the misleading search results, because I searched for Trypophobia via Google and ended up with tons of images of what seems to be a skin affliction of some sort with holes in it, but majority end up being photoshopped images and a weird obsession about white masks...

Then I read the wiki and it seems its got nothing to do with anything relating to skin diseases (although obviously a unfortunate side effect if you happen to have one) but Google is very misleading on the subject and almost seems to be deliberately trolling with its images of horrific skin pictures. I actually find the whole misrepresentation on Google more interesting than the phobia itself.

You sir have not seen this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2185878/Doctors-baffled-mystery-illness-causes-woman-grow-fingernails-instead-hair.html

I don't want to click on any of those links to find out the content of them, but I've edited the title of this thread just in case.

Lol. I highly suggest that you give in to your curiosity and click away on the links.

It's not really NSFW.