Ladder

EvoKhristian1

Idk about you guys but climbing anything would be a great feature. Just think you've just angered a horde of zombies and your trapped with no place to go but up, they cant follow you there. But not just carpentry ladders natraul ladders on apartment or maybe even moveable wood ladders that you can use to climb building of course this would attract a lot of attention but every thing comes at a price...

post-52-0-54482000-1374621553_thumb.jpg

post-52-0-12269200-1374621570_thumb.jpg

I was gonna say isn't there sheet ropes. By the way, how exactly do you use them? I just found out you can make them but I tried having em on the window but nothing was happening *read on wiki you can climb down them*. From what Rath said, I'm guessing the newest version took it out for now?

I was gonna say isn't there sheet ropes. By the way, how exactly do you use them? I just found out you can make them but I tried having em on the window but nothing was happening *read on wiki you can climb down them*. From what Rath said, I'm guessing the newest version took it out for now?

Indeed, they've been on vacation for a bit. Hopefully to return someday soon!

Indeed, they've been on vacation for a bit. Hopefully to return someday soon!

hahah that would be very helpful since I ended up jumping out of a two story home b.c I panicked *zombies b tryin to eat me yo* However, in terms of ladder, what would be a good way to have it built. Or do you just want them in random houses where u can hopefully drag em around. It would be cool though if we can make one maybe out of wood that we get. Heck if the sheetropes come, maybe they can have it be possible to tie it to something that will act like a hook so u can climb up through the window. Just have them make noise (and alarm) though since it will break the mirror.

I think likely they could be built similar to our already implemented carpentry as part of the building they're placed against.

It makes it a bit easier since they wouldn't have to code movable ladders (although I'm sure it would be possible, I just don't think right now we have a system for taking an inventory item and making it into a physical object in the game world [other than just the sprites to be picked up]).

It makes a bit of sense since making a movable ladder that's sturdy is much harder than just nailing a ladder to a building.

I could see stepladders added as an item in the future, but not one that could be carried in inventory. Would have to be dragged or moved about like the wheelie-bins are planned to be.

Found out the hard way they weren't in the game :) Went for the medical clinic and got trapped upstairs with a horde banging them all down. Had a ton of sheets and was frantically trying to assemble a sheet rope to try and make a run for it from one of the upstairs windows. Went down in a blaze of glory trying to get down the stairs with a pistol :)

hahah that would be very helpful since I ended up jumping out of a two story home b.c I panicked *zombies b tryin to eat me yo* However, in terms of ladder, what would be a good way to have it built. Or do you just want them in random houses where u can hopefully drag em around. It would be cool though if we can make one maybe out of wood that we get. Heck if the sheetropes come, maybe they can have it be possible to tie it to something that will act like a hook so u can climb up through the window. Just have them make noise (and alarm) though since it will break the mirror.

No you can build them and there found on like gasstations and what not.

I do love the idea of ladders, you could get ontop of any building using them but a chance that zombies can break them so you could get maroon on top of the building.

Even if they couldnt break them if a huge horde of zombies is chaseing you hope to have alot of bullets or you're going to end up with a broken leg

+1 for crafted ladders, basically a simplified version of the stairs (hopefully with lower carpentry skill requirement and less materials needed).

I don't even mind if they can only be built against walls, stay in one place and can be broken by zombies, just give me a way in and out of upstairs windows.

Sheet ropes are good too, but I think you could only go down them before. My character could run 2 miles without breaking a sweat but couldn't climb up 10 ft of rope :razz: