The influence of various factors on weapons

NormalMan

3 hours ago, Thorn Henry said:

Might affect your chance of aiming for a more vital part of the body. Aka too tired to hit a headshot therefore doing less damage?

I thought about it and it sounds logical, but why do we need the aiming scale then? I think it would be more logical to just increase the aiming time, then we can at least use guns as a last-chance weapon.

The aiming scale just represent your chances of hitting the zed, not the "damage" that it will deal.

Of course more chances to hit equals more potential damage but ultimately it is determined by a "dice roll".

Sometimes u will hit the head, sometimes u will hit some other place and thus deal less damage.

Being tired make it so that, even with a guaranted hit, your chances of hitting a vital part (aka a critical hit) are much lower.

At least that's how i understand it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19.05.2021 at 17:59, Zebulon said:

Шкала прицеливания просто отображает ваши шансы поразить зеда, а не «урон», который он нанесет.

Конечно, больше шансов попасть - это больше потенциального урона, но в конечном итоге это определяется «броском кубиков».

Иногда вы ударяете по голове, иногда вы попадаете в другое место и, таким образом, наносите меньше урона.

Усталость сделает так, что даже при гарантированном попадании ваши шансы поразить жизненно важную часть (то есть критическое попадание) будут намного ниже.

По крайней мере, я так понимаю.

This is true, but I think it could be done much more realistically and concisely. For example, if our character wants to sleep, then the crosshair will be floating. Or if he is tired, he will aim more slowly and the sight will twitch, as if the character is shivering from overexertion. And in case of pain, let him be able to neglect it for a few seconds in order to make an accurate shot, after which the aim will completely defocus. To summarize, you can think of a lot of interactions between the state of the character and his scope, and not the usual reduction of damage

Archived