Sheamus

I've been playing PZ for a while now and I was thinking if NPCs and NPC groups will be added soon there could be a way for these groups to communicate with each other, that thing could be a CB radio. It's not that rare, lots of trucks have them and other public buildings like police departments and fire departments.

You couldn't craft it but maybe you'd need to fix it up with spare parts(with the electrician profession/skill/whatever if that gets added) and from time to time you'd need to fix it up again and maintain it to work, while you have electricity it could simply run from that, but after that you'd need batteries or generators or something. If you ask me it would add a great amount to the gameplay, like:

-you'd get random radio chatter from time to time(from the army or from other survivors)

-if you have other friendly survivor groups out there you could hook up tradings or just ask them to help you out with something

-of course other friendly survivors would ask you to help them out for supplies or for reputation or whatever

-from time to time people could ask you to let them in to your group, maybe because they're chased by a horde or by bandits, now you could chose if you'd tell them where's your safehouse just for them to lead the zeds to your open gates\angering the bandits for helping their victims or just leave them to their fates(this gives additional causes from your groupmates to get angry with you)

-or you could get the same call that some survivors would like to join you, same you could let them in or leave them to fend for themselves. If you let them in you're risking that they're just bandits who wanted an easy way into your safehouse and now you're there for the murdering, or they'd just open your gates for their bandit buddies at night, of course they can be just normal survivors looking for a place to get by

-if we'd take this to another level, there could be walkie-talkies to make calls to your safehouse or just to ask around for survivor groups if your not a part of one if they'd take you in(still another thing wich is pretty easy to find, there are lots of child toys and you could just as well find these at hunting ethusiasts or police officers and so on)

And on top of that all I don't think it would be all that hard to put it into the game(not that I know anything about programming) but basically you're just having a conversation with a box.=D

I probably forgot the half of the things I wanted to write but anyways let me know what you think of this idea.

If you look at other games in the genre like Urban Dead, Dead Frontier, Day Z and such there's always some sort of radio element i the game. Pretty sure they'll be in this'n eventually as a form of in-game communicaiton.

I'll probably use skype :P