Splitscreen Suggestions

sweetcandyflip

How should Splitscreen work?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. How should Splitscreen work?

• Partially Splitscreen (If players are near to each other it gets one screen again)
    • Full Splitscreen (like it is now)
    • Full Splitscreen (with Dual Monitor Option)

Hey Guys,

i recently started playing Project Zomboid and i love the game. Right now i have an established Safe House with a small Farm and water barrels to survive. It wasnt easy to come that far into the game but it was a lot of learning by doing, which made it a unique experience. But right now i´m getting a little bored cause there isnt not much left to do now.

So i started to try out every way to start a splitscreen game .

(Dont worry that wont be another when do you release Coop Thread).

I really just dont like the way the screen gets split. And this is where i came up with 2 ideas for the upcoming feature:

Partially Splitscreen:

I wanted to know if its possible to add, a splitscreen based on how far the players are from each other. Like player 2 moves out of screen so he gets a splitscreen (like in most sidescreen jumpn runs). I think that would be the best situation because usually you will try to stay together anyway.

Full Splitscreen (Dual Monitor)

- As i have 2 Screen for my computer i came up with the idea to make the splitscreen able to use both screen (each for 1 player).

I made the thread with a poll cause i wanna know your feedback for my suggestions and i would love to see a dev posting here.

best regards

Michael

PS: If there was already someone else posting this idea am sry, but i did a lot of background checks to get splitscreen running.

The first one I've seen in only a handful of games and is quite hard to implement smoothly- probably not within the scope of this dev team. The second one would be nice, though.

I think one of the Lego games did a great job on the first one.