[41.50] Visibility has some issues.

PoshRocketeer

Tried to upload screenshot but the file size limit is too low.

Something immediately noticeable upon switching to 41.50 is that visibility overall has taken a serious downgrade. The roof and tree hiding no longer works based on your character's vision and position, and now only seems to work based on character position, meaning you can't look into treelines or houses from outside even if you would have been able to in version 40. 

I get that you're not supposed to be able to see through thick brush, but you have to be brushing up against trees to see underneath them, sometimes you don't even get to see your own character.  This is especially annoying when zombie's vision doesn't seem to be effected by trees at all, and can just spot you even with Inconspicuous through thick brush.

This is a consistent issue and I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but regardless it needs to be fixed. Nort being able to look inside of windows in particular is  massive issue, and has caused me to lose characters to a bite I couldn't see coming.

15 hours ago, Pandorea said:

Could you share the details of your system (esp graphics card and ram), please? 

EVGA GTX1050TI, AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8-core (VR/RTX capable), 16GB RAM. 

This is definitely an issue with the build of the game, as switching back to 40 shows immediate improvement. The issue of visibility was one of the first things I noticed when swapping to 41.50, I've learned to live with it because of the other positive changes but it's still frustrating even when it doesn't get me killed.

I was able to compress an example image that shows me clearly looking into a window but not being able to see inside. I have to physically enter buildings before the roof hiding starts. Attaching image to this reply.

This image isn't great, for some reason when I try to use alt+prtscr it uses the alt+tab preview rather than what's actually happening on my screen. I'll try to get a better one.

ZOMBOID.jpg

Edited by PoshRocketeer

Normally this only happens with corrupt map data, such as from older versions of the game.

Try wiping out the media/map directory and reverify the game in Steam. Start a new game and see if it still happens. If you have map mods, remove them.

35 minutes ago, EnigmaGrey said:

Normally this only happens with corrupt map data, such as from older versions of the game.

Try wiping out the media/map directory and reverify the game in Steam. Start a new game and see if it still happens. If you have map mods, remove them.

No map mods, but will try the proposed solution

Edited by PoshRocketeer