Does Rain eventually stop Fire Spread

orikamii

I'm doing the "A Really CD DA" challenge and well, you start in a house that's on fire, but I made it out just fine and have myself a base a bit away from the town. It rained for a couple of days but I wasn't near the fire at the time... Now I'm back in town and there's still fire spreading everywhere. Does it eventually stop or will it just ravage the entire map until nothing is left? lol Has rain been implemented to stop large fires at least?

1 hour ago, Blake81 said:

I'm not sure if rain actually stops it, but.... PZ has this weird thing that, if you're not watching (as in, nearby enough to see) the fire burn, it basically never stops burning or advances

hmm I'll try to hang around until it rains - unfortunately it's snowing right now and that definitely doesn't seem to stop it haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I finally have an update on this lol. It started to rain and I booked it towards the area with the fire and it does in fact put out the flames. Snow on the other hand does not. You MUST be in the same area as the fire, otherwise even if it rains for days, the fire will still be there when you go back.

From what I recall they have a wip fire overhaul on the backburner. It is on standby due to the animation/networking stuff being worked on, but there were videos showing fire spreading depending on fuel on the tiles and weather conditions, and independent of player position. We just have to wait a bit more.

Archived