the stone knife

I watched a lot of tacticalfriedrice on twitch (sry for promoting channels if forbiddnen but its part of the topic). He plays usually any game on hardest settings and actually its PZ.

After some playtime he figured out the stone knife is the jack of all trades. Cheap to make, pretty durable, good dmg and knockback. He cleared complete towns of zombies on hard settings with a stone knife. The spear breaks much faster and the axe is to slow so you get often gripped with the same tactic.

I think this is debatable.

From 1 side to balance reasons, other weapons need to be reasonable too and from the other side i gets pretty fast boring to watch this gameplay, not even imagine to play this myself.

1. side there is the weaponbalance, every single weapon needs his place and sense.

2. side is the gameplay. I didnt make a playthrough myself so deep, we wait on 4 copies for the MP release, but even in early stages its just a lot of backward walking and hitting. Thats not the worst but there must be more. Any gamemechanic thats different to backward hit´n run, i dont know what, sidesteps, attackanimations with movement included to combine evade and attack, any optional move to choose.

Not a rant, just anything i have seen a lot and does at least feel questionable.

On 5/17/2021 at 12:58 PM, playlessNamer said:

I watched a lot of tacticalfriedrice on twitch (sry for promoting channels if forbiddnen but its part of the topic). He plays usually any game on hardest settings and actually its PZ.

After some playtime he figured out the stone knife is the jack of all trades. Cheap to make, pretty durable, good dmg and knockback. He cleared complete towns of zombies on hard settings with a stone knife. The spear breaks much faster and the axe is to slow so you get often gripped with the same tactic.

I think this is debatable.

From 1 side to balance reasons, other weapons need to be reasonable too and from the other side i gets pretty fast boring to watch this gameplay, not even imagine to play this myself.

1. side there is the weaponbalance, every single weapon needs his place and sense.

2. side is the gameplay. I didnt make a playthrough myself so deep, we wait on 4 copies for the MP release, but even in early stages its just a lot of backward walking and hitting. Thats not the worst but there must be more. Any gamemechanic thats different to backward hit´n run, i dont know what, sidesteps, attackanimations with movement included to combine evade and attack, any optional move to choose.

Not a rant, just anything i have seen a lot and does at least feel questionable.

The axes are stronger when used for single targets generally, as you're able to stay back further and there's significantly less chance of the game engine having an oopsies and just ignoring your attack entirely. They also have a significant chance to knock zombies down, which can be useful when juggling zombies.

However, I do have to agree that bladed weapons in general feel way too strong, they go from doing virtually no dmg with no skills to being an absolute machine when you have (Short/Long)  Blades 1+

Archived