Any suggestions for use of Broken glass?

veryfineart

Due to a "Horrible" accident involving a crowbar, zombie and 30 windows, I've suddenly got a large supply of glass shards in my local area, doing nothing but collecting dust.
Would there be any use for them (outside of mods) which would justify me moving all of the broken piles?

I orignally thought about making a "moat" around my walls, but I realised that zombies don't take damage and that It would only harm players who trip into it or barefooted survivors.

It would be interesting if you put broken glass at the entrance before going to sleep, zombie steps on it and makes sound - it wakes you up, like a warning system.

edit:

On second thought nevermind. If character cant hear how zombies are banging the car, while you're sleeping in the car, broken glass wouldn't make sense either. This post can be deleted.

I've been picking it up and placing it around the edges of buildings I've set up in. I figure at least 3 in a row should increase the odds of me hearing the cracking while the zombies approach before they start banging on entry points. Can't say it has helped a whole lot yet, but it may eventually.

It would be nifty if it could be an optional ingredient to crafted explosives/traps to increase fragmentation damage. Or glued to a baseball bat for some bleed damage, although that would only be good against other people.

Very usable with NPC mods up, crackling detects these pesky crouching sneakers.

Realised i can not lock playermade door (PAIN), surrounded it with 3 layers of glass, that makes huge sound and wins smol time to draw a gun, few times saved my life.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived