Crash when starting challenge after choosing spawn location

Sedgwick

The game errors out and needs to quit to desktop after you load a spawn location, go back, and then pick a challenge map that doesn't load the Knox Country map.

Steps to replicate:

1. Start a new game and select Apocalypse (any of the playstyles work) and click next
  2. Select a different town on the spawn location screen, or keep it at Muldraugh and click next
  3. On the character traits and occupations screen go back
  4. On the spawn location screen go back
  5. On the New Game screen, choose a challenge that doesn't load the Knox Country map, such as 'Studio' or 'You Have One Day' and click next
  6. Continue through to start the game, which then causes the crash message.

So it seems once you get to the character traits screen and lock in a spawn location, if you choose another map it still has that spawn location information loaded and errors out on the new map.

However, there is an amazing side effect to this that I kind of hope could stay in the game. If you follow the above steps, but select a Knox Country challenge like CDDA, you can start in alternate spawn locations instead of the default Muldraugh house! Here I am after following the above steps, selecting Rosewood, and then backing up to start CDDA. I started in that corner spawn house in Rosewood!

pEG5oiL.jpg

I'd love to see that stay, but also wanted to note the fact you can error out the game doing it with the alternate map challenges.

Edited by Sedgwick