Random CTD version 41.50

grammarsalad

First of all - are you using any mods? If so, could you disable them and try a pure vanilla game to see if it helps, please?

You could also share the "console.txt" file found in "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" to a site like pastebin.com and then post a link to that here so we can take a look.

Also, tell us your system specifications (ram and graphics card esp) to see if they meet minimum requirements for B41. 

15 hours ago, Pandorea said:

First of all - are you using any mods? If so, could you disable them and try a pure vanilla game to see if it helps, please?

You could also share the "console.txt" file found in "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" to a site like pastebin.com and then post a link to that here so we can take a look.

Also, tell us your system specifications (ram and graphics card esp) to see if they meet minimum requirements for B41. 

No mods. Sorry, I uninstalled it and went back to version 40. My specs (from memory but I checked them yesterday to make sure my drivers were up to date) are:

Windows 10 dell, 16 mb ram, Intel hg4600. 64-bit GoG version.

Edit: would the log still be available if I’ve uninstalled it and installed the older version? I don’t know how to check or where to find it

Edited by grammarsalad

9 hours ago, grammarsalad said:

No mods. Sorry, I uninstalled it and went back to version 40. My specs (from memory but I checked them yesterday to make sure my drivers were up to date) are:

Windows 10 dell, 16 mb ram, Intel hg4600. 64-bit GoG version.

Edit: would the log still be available if I’ve uninstalled it and installed the older version? I don’t know how to check or where to find it

The specs barely meet the minimum requirements to run B41, unfortunately. Still, there are a couple of things that you could try! 1) download the latest driver for the graphics card + try launching and running the game in 32 bit mode: Go to "Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid" and run the game with "ProjectZomboid32". 2) lower any settings in Options - try things like "enable Texture Compression", lower resolution, turn down puddle quality and the like. Hope this helps!

8 hours ago, Pandorea said:

The specs barely meet the minimum requirements to run B41, unfortunately. Still, there are a couple of things that you could try! 1) download the latest driver for the graphics card + try launching and running the game in 32 bit mode: Go to "Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid" and run the game with "ProjectZomboid32". 2) lower any settings in Options - try things like "enable Texture Compression", lower resolution, turn down puddle quality and the like. Hope this helps!

@Pandorea

I’ve tried all that. no go...

does this mean that I won’t be able to play the game when version 41 finally comes out, or is this beta specific? 

Edited by grammarsalad

You can try this experimental fix:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2441122190

Other than that, there will be a Java update in the future that might fix this issue for older computers, though it might not so no promises. In which case I don't know if there will be any fix since the graphics card wont be able to handle PZ at that point.
The previous builds will always be available and stable though, so you can always play those.

6 hours ago, Beard said:

Other than that, there will be a Java update in the future that might fix this issue for older computers, though it might not so no promises. In which case I don't know if there will be any fix since the graphics card wont be able to handle PZ at that point.
The previous builds will always be available and stable though, so you can always play those.

Is my main problem the graphics card?  Like, if I upgraded it, will that work?  

8 hours ago, Beard said:

BTW, this worked like a charm!  BIG THANKS!  (LOL, my characters haven't lived for more than 3 hours. Love it!)