pz mp

claire

I understand that we will wait for multiplayer only in build 42. It is very vain, perhaps it was worth releasing the multiplayer right away (its old implementation), because the pandemic has been going on around the world for the second year already, this could have played for the popularity of the game, and therefore there would have been more sales and money to finance the development. At this rate, very soon it may happen that your game and multiplayer just won't be needed by anyone. As I understand from the news, with the number of players 1-16, the problems were not critical. It should be noted that most of the servers worked with exactly this number of players.

Mp already exists for for the public build of the game and remote play works on the beta branch, allowing people to play with others on either branch if they so choose. 

MP will be the next public build that we release. It's not going to wait for build 42. 

MP cannot be released right away, as it is not yet stable. Work needs to complete on moving zombies client-side and ensuring they sync correctly between players, before it'll  be considered stable enough for release to the public. As is, the version we release will already be restricted to 32 players, temporarily. 

Even if it were somehow possible to speed up work on the above, ee're not at all concerned that the game will lose its popularity. It's seen massive growth over the past two years, as is, despite MP not being part of the beta branch. There's no need to worry that we're having financial troubles .etc.

@EnigmaGrey Don't you think that the developers could use the information that the public will report from having a Mplayer release on the b41 version? With 2 gazillion testers the identification for bugs and improvements is gonna get the development team whatever info they need, that beats the small testing team that they currently have. Neither Do I believe that the quality state of the game will have any backlash. Most people play it because we are zomboiders.. We don't mind if takes time... as long as we feel like a part of it.

My friend has been bugging me since september asking when Mplayer is gonna be testable by the public. Me myself haven't touched the game for that reason.. we all could have been playing a half buggy Mplayer with friends since probably a couple of months back.. So what good would that be? Foremost the statistics on Steam would show more players playing the game. Might even get some streamers and big communities hooked in on it since it has been very popular this last month.

People will pay and play a game with bugs if it caters to them and wait for the stable version, just look at the entire early access theme.

1 hour ago, Silkoraz said:

@EnigmaGrey Don't you think that the developers could use the information that the public will report from having a Mplayer release on the b41 version? With 2 gazillion testers the identification for bugs and improvements is gonna get the development team whatever info they need, that beats the small testing team that they currently have. Neither Do I believe that the quality state of the game will have any backlash. Most people play it because we are zomboiders.. We don't mind if takes time... as long as we feel like a part of it.

My friend has been bugging me since september asking when Mplayer is gonna be testable by the public. Me myself haven't touched the game for that reason.. we all could have been playing a half buggy Mplayer with friends since probably a couple of months back.. So what good would that be? Foremost the statistics on Steam would show more players playing the game. Might even get some streamers and big communities hooked in on it since it has been very popular this last month.

People will pay and play a game with bugs if it caters to them and wait for the stable version, just look at the entire early access theme.

No, it'd be detrimental both to the game's future and to our testing.

We're already aware of the issues and don't need more people to tell us they're there.

We're not going to help ourselves by releasing a buggy build, with critical faults that w're already aware of, in the hopes that it'd garner more positive attention than negative. It won't work. It's not worth the drama that it'll cause.

Clearly you have a considerably different view of EA than I do -- I see something that most customers don't have one wit of understanding about, that they think it is a pre-order, and assume that their money is buying something largely bug-free. And if they don't get that, we have a million+ people coming down on us because we'd have "lied" or are trying to steal their money if we do what you say. And this was true back in the day, before Steam, as well. Part of the reason NPCs have ended up being left to the end is because we know full well that what people say they want and what they actually want tend to be wildly different -- and they're not kind if they don't get it. 

I would appreciate if people just trusted the guys that survived alpha-funding a game and Steam Early Access for a cumulative 10 years to do their job and make these calls from the experience garnered in that time, rather than try to push us in one direction or another.

I understand your frustration. 
But its better to get a better product without bugs and enjoy the game.
(i bought 5 copies of this game for my friends , and all of us are waiting for the multiplayer too, just give it some time , i think the release is not so far away)

On 4/28/2021 at 3:36 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

Mp already exists for for the public build of the game and remote play works on the beta branch, allowing people to play with others on either branch if they so choose. 

MP will be the next public build that we release. It's not going to wait for build 42. 

MP cannot be released right away, as it is not yet stable. Work needs to complete on moving zombies client-side and ensuring they sync correctly between players, before it'll  be considered stable enough for release to the public. As is, the version we release will already be restricted to 32 players, temporarily. 

Even if it were somehow possible to speed up work on the above, ee're not at all concerned that the game will lose its popularity. It's seen massive growth over the past two years, as is, despite MP not being part of the beta branch. There's no need to worry that we're having financial troubles .etc.

You guys are at a very high risk of getting the effect of the Cyberpunk game, when everyone was waiting for the game for a very long time, they promoted it very much, and in fact, the players' inflated expectations did not come true. You boast that over the past 2 years in Steam Charts you have shown the growth of players, but believe me, there would be MUCH MORE if MP were available. There is no need to blame everything on the fact that you do not want to release MP because of the large number of bugs. The beta branch is needed for that, including it, everyone agrees that problems and errors await him, there is nothing wrong here. Going to the site for 2 years and seeing another handout of text with a screenshot is already pretty tired, enough jerking off.

3 hours ago, claire said:

You guys are at a very high risk of getting the effect of the Cyberpunk game, when everyone was waiting for the game for a very long time, they promoted it very much, and in fact, the players' inflated expectations did not come true. You boast that over the past 2 years in Steam Charts you have shown the growth of players, but believe me, there would be MUCH MORE if MP were available. There is no need to blame everything on the fact that you do not want to release MP because of the large number of bugs. The beta branch is needed for that, including it, everyone agrees that problems and errors await him, there is nothing wrong here. Going to the site for 2 years and seeing another handout of text with a screenshot is already pretty tired, enough jerking off.

We're not at risk of that. Cyberpunk hyped up there game as being a godsend, revolutionary and released it earlier than it was ready as a broken terrible game. Exactly because of fans demanding, after numerous delays, to release it and threatening them with not buying it; which is what you're doing saying we'll lose out if we don't give you what you want more.

You're asking us to do the same thing as them for multiplayer, because otherwise we'll end up in their boat, yet, that's exactly how we'd end up like them. Where is the logic in that?

We're telling you straight up the game is buggy and not releasing it until it's ready to be playable without major bugs. There will still be plenty of bugs when it releases to the branch.

Enough with the telling us what's right for the game, then snide comments like your last one.

I thought early release of Cyberpunk was a business decision, financial reasons. I doubt it was because of some fans  whining too much, though not 100% sure.

For example, why Fallout 76 was released so buggy. As far as i am aware it wasnt delayed multiple times and there wasnt crazy pressure from fans.

Yeah but you get the point; trying to pressure and threaten us into releasing for that person's own benefit rather than believing us that it's not ready and accepting it. Kind of wrote that thing above after waking up, so it's not the most perfect argument. :D

Maybe you remember video game developer "New World Computing" (NWC), they released some great games i loved.  NWC was acquired by 3DO (founder of 3DO is the same person who founded EA). So in short, 3DO wanted to release their own console, but their plans flopped. They needed money, they gave shorter schedules and less financial support to NWC, and you could tell. Games started to look dated, unfinished and buggy. 3DO filed for bankruptcy and sank NWC with them. Its a long story, you can check it out if you want.

There are a lot of us who enjoy this game as single player and have for a long time. The multiplayer feature is not the only reason this game exists. Having multiplayer or not will not dictate whether I play PZ. All content updates and bug fixes for single player (as I understand it) has been put on hold until multiplayer is finished and I'm fine with that. I don't think you need to worry that PZ will loose it's players if multiplayer is not finished and released right away. 

I always get a chuckle reading these type of posts. The person writing is secretly hoping that TIS will suddenly spring up after reading this and think "By God! They're right!" and just release MP at the drop of a hat, regardless of the state its in.

Delusional thinking.

Que ansiosos sois. Tranquilidad, todo llegara en se adecuado momento. Es un juego que durante 10 años solo ha mejorado, ¿Por que tanta preocupación? Va a seguir siendo el mejor juego de zombies del mercado hoy y parece que por muchos largos años más en cuanto lo tengan todo listo.  

How anxious you are. Relax, everything will come at the right time. It is a game that for 10 years has only improved, why so much concern? It will continue to be the best zombie game on the market today and it seems that for many years to come as soon as they have everything ready.  

On 5/4/2021 at 1:52 AM, fcolley3 said:

There are a lot of us who enjoy this game as single player and have for a long time. The multiplayer feature is not the only reason this game exists. Having multiplayer or not will not dictate whether I play PZ. All content updates and bug fixes for single player (as I understand it) has been put on hold until multiplayer is finished and I'm fine with that. I don't think you need to worry that PZ will loose it's players if multiplayer is not finished and released right away. 

^^^ This, I never really bothered with the MP in the public builds before, its always just been a singleplayer game for me since I got it.

I understand everyones POV, but i agree with the frustration a bit more and here's why.

PZ as a single player game will not thrive, a large portion of the player base do not enjoy it alone. 

Right now as the devs have said, the game's player base is growing nicely but the interest of players will fade, thats a fact. The longer the MP build takes the more players that won't even launch the game again grows, another fact.

The potential of games obviously depends on the financial success of them and at this rate, PZ B41 will die before its even born. I've seen a lot of fairly big influences mention this game so it's definitely on the radar, i just want it to stay that way for my own personal gain from this game. 

So honestly, i feel like you guys should just hurry up with the damn MP already. I'm not saying release a version that's buggy, i'm more saying pull your finger out your asses :D

It's been quite long and i know you're a small dev team blah blah, but the attention and potential this game has does not seem worthy of the devs so far.

If we're talking about PZ as a game, before build 41 it was just a good concept with not such good execution. Now with B41 the game is a lot better, but still not anything so unique or never-done-before that it takes donkeys to release a MP feature. They would've been better withholding B41 to prevent the early hype train and just released it close to a MP release. That would've also prevented these whiney kids crying cause they're bored and "want to play MP NOWW!"

Respectfully I feel like you guys should invest into your brand a bit more, get some more devs to meet with demand etc. The blog posts on the dev progress are pretty bland as well, it feels like when you have to take an english exam and have to hit a word count, so just start talking shit to get there. The 'Noise Works' feature that everyone is so excited for is such a good addition that it seems to have made people forget that this is a basic feature in games of todays-age. Using the 'Noise Works' feature as an excuse and distraction for the delayed MP release kinda shows how small and slow the dev team are, we all want MP and people to play with before we get realistic noises. 

In conclusion, i feel like the MP release is still another year away at least. 

P.S I would love the devs to prove me wrong on everything i just said and also insult me a bit, i need it after the shit i talk behind the devs backs ;) 

Forgot to mention that as far as i understand, you use your own game engine so it makes sense that stuff takes longer, but imo still doesnt justify the years it's taken or going to take. 

49 minutes ago, NiceBackshot said:

I understand everyones POV, but i agree with the frustration a bit more and here's why.

PZ as a single player game will not thrive, a large portion of the player base do not enjoy it alone. 

Right now as the devs have said, the game's player base is growing nicely but the interest of players will fade, thats a fact. The longer the MP build takes the more players that won't even launch the game again grows, another fact.

The potential of games obviously depends on the financial success of them and at this rate, PZ B41 will die before its even born. I've seen a lot of fairly big influences mention this game so it's definitely on the radar, i just want it to stay that way for my own personal gain from this game. 

So honestly, i feel like you guys should just hurry up with the damn MP already. I'm not saying release a version that's buggy, i'm more saying pull your finger out your asses :D

It's been quite long and i know you're a small dev team blah blah, but the attention and potential this game has does not seem worthy of the devs so far.

If we're talking about PZ as a game, before build 41 it was just a good concept with not such good execution. Now with B41 the game is a lot better, but still not anything so unique or never-done-before that it takes donkeys to release a MP feature. They would've been better withholding B41 to prevent the early hype train and just released it close to a MP release. That would've also prevented these whiney kids crying cause they're bored and "want to play MP NOWW!"

Respectfully I feel like you guys should invest into your brand a bit more, get some more devs to meet with demand etc. The blog posts on the dev progress are pretty bland as well, it feels like when you have to take an english exam and have to hit a word count, so just start talking shit to get there. The 'Noise Works' feature that everyone is so excited for is such a good addition that it seems to have made people forget that this is a basic feature in games of todays-age. Using the 'Noise Works' feature as an excuse and distraction for the delayed MP release kinda shows how small and slow the dev team are, we all want MP and people to play with before we get realistic noises. 

In conclusion, i feel like the MP release is still another year away at least. 

P.S I would love the devs to prove me wrong on everything i just said and also insult me a bit, i need it after the shit i talk behind the devs backs ;) 

Forgot to mention that as far as i understand, you use your own game engine so it makes sense that stuff takes longer, but imo still doesnt justify the years it's taken or going to take. 

Every bit of this post is so wrong it hurts. 

9 hours ago, NiceBackshot said:

-snip-

Most seem to forget that the public build has MP but nobody cares because it isn't 41 lol. 

It's amazing that people try to talk about the success of the game like TIS just started developing this game a year ago, I'd argue that the devs are beyond the question of "will this be successful?" and are more concerned with improving the game out of passion rather than financial gain.  You should look back to where PZ started, back when swinging a bat was just 2 or 3 frames of animation and player/zombie models were completely 2D.  If you were a player then and look at where the game's at now, you'd then understand why older players don't really complain about it and just wait patiently.  In their eyes, the game has evolved beyond what they or any of us expected and are just happy that the devs keep improving the game.  I remember when the new models/animations were implemented and I thought "this is it, it can't get better" and yet they've continued to improve it.  I'm sorry if you don't agree but in the world where AAA games are being released barely half baked, I'd rather wait a while than have a buggy mess.  As Miyamoto once said, "A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad."

Archived