Phonetic-o-Picturoids

That area of Sydney shown in the photograph is known as Circular Quay. Thought I'd throw in a bit of local knowledge for any other Antipodeans! Now we just need Binky to stop working and come up with a new puzzle... :D

That area of Sydney shown in the photograph is known as Circular Quay. Thought I'd throw in a bit of local knowledge for any other Antipodeans! Now we just need Binky to stop working and come up with a new puzzle... :D

Surely a circular quay would form the complete perimeter of a closed lake. Silly Australians. ;)

Okay clue time:

(my brother's got it, but it's only 4:30am in the Northern Territories so it'll be a while until he's online, so in the meantime here's a clue so that you've got a chance to pip him to the post)

Pic 3 is a verb (in the context of the picture)

Pic 5 & 6, the words required are written on the images, and in the images I picked your attention is drawn to them.

Well you say that, but you did get it. I'll admit the "In the" at the start is a bit shonky,  but I stand by n"aim mauve dafur thar" as sounding quite a lot like n"ame of the father". And I deliberately picked images where Dafur was the only bit in red, and the Thar desert was the only bit that was bright and with a drop shadow,

So, yes. Correct.

Yay! :D

Incidentally, the Thar desert was the one thing I kept ignoring rather than having my eye drawn to it. I didn't even notice it had a drop shadow until now.

I was fixated on the Indus and the Himalayas. ;)

Also Darfur had me trying to think of things with Arthur in the title. ;)

My ignorance had me assuming each picture could only be one syllable, so I was repeatedly hitting my head against a brick wall. Because of that I'd discarded 'In the Name of the Father'; a guess made from 'Urn' and 'Thar' alone, because I couldn't justify the rest of it. After a few cheeky clues (and explanations of the rules), I managed it in the end. But I couldn't, in all sincerity, claim to have *solved* it!

Congrats Nickenstein though on a proper toughie. Bring the next one down a notch or tow? My head hurts after that one!