Build 41 in-game crashes

Cyrex242

Question

Hi, i don't like bothering people even less so devs about these issues so i'm gonna put in the biggest amount of information i can give to fix this, i've been playing b40 for around 3 days with no issues, i have a low end computer and it runs fine at a stable 30 fps on low settings, so i was recommended to start off with b41 so i get used to the new content, (I didn't want to play Beta right away since there may be changes troughout my playthrough) but after making my character and starting a survival run, i got the Windows 7 "program has stopped working" message. I lowered all my settings including resolution, updated my Intel graphics driver and played on both 64-bit and 32-bit version, prety odd since i'm not running any mods either, i'll link the console file too. (I hope it is this text file, sorry if it isn't) the only thing i didn't try and i realize now is that i didn't reinstall the game, so tried all i could think of until i realized that now

console.txt

Well i hope i could make this readable and thank you

4 answers to this question

It seems to crash due to your graphics card, as it is too weak to run build 41 (due to animations and 3D models being built into build 41), which is also why build 40 can run fine for you. Build 40 has increased requirements and there isn't anything else that we can recommend that can make build 41 run other than the things you already tried (graphics driver update, run game in 32 bit)

There is this guide that helped a few people, it might work for you as well, but no promises since as mentioned that graphics card is below the minimum requirements to run build 41 unfortunately:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2441122190

Oh, i see, well thank you, i'll try that out, sadly i burned my kitchen and died for the first time like a real man trying to save his stuff, so i'll see if i make it work. Updating Java will be useful for performance or something?  be it on b40 or 41, i'll try and get it on the best framerate i can although b40 handles just fine at 30 locked fps. Thank you again!

Edit: I tried what that guide said and the game didn't start at all after the changes, i know i can recover the file obviously but i don't know what it means that the "press any key"  leads nowhere after doing it, i don't know if you can still provide help since the fix attempt involves playing around with the game files and that sort of stuff though.

7 hours ago, Cyrex242 said:

Oh, i see, well thank you, i'll try that out, sadly i burned my kitchen and died for the first time like a real man trying to save his stuff, so i'll see if i make it work. Updating Java will be useful for performance or something?  be it on b40 or 41, i'll try and get it on the best framerate i can although b40 handles just fine at 30 locked fps. Thank you again!

Edit: I tried what that guide said and the game didn't start at all after the changes, i know i can recover the file obviously but i don't know what it means that the "press any key"  leads nowhere after doing it, i don't know if you can still provide help since the fix attempt involves playing around with the game files and that sort of stuff though.

You should be able to just start the game with a different bat file, or delete the edited bat file and verify the game files, so steam will Redownload the new unchanged bat file if the guide doesnt work for you. Other than that I have no more suggestions on how to fix build 41 for this PC setup.

8 hours ago, Beard said:

You should be able to just start the game with a different bat file, or delete the edited bat file and verify the game files

That's what i thought, well maybe an update can fix the problem with the graphics in the future, i've not been in the community for long so i'm not really up to date with how they will do things like that, as some say it's better to just not care too much about low end.

Archived