MISSING FILES?

HoboAsh

Question

I'm so clueless how to fix this issue. I've tried everything possible but for some reason I can't seem to find a fix anywhere and I am DYING to play this game.

Hopefully someone can help me here!
I'm also new to this game and forum so I apologise if this is in the wrong section etc

Thanks!

1RXKQ0gkp0.png

7 answers to this question

On 4/22/2021 at 12:55 PM, Beard said:

Could you elaborate on what the problem is exactly? Is anything specifically wrong with the game or can you not load something?

hey! so the game loads in a black screen loading all its assessts and then just stops on the screen shot.

thats the best way i can explain it. the game itself doesnt load and always gets stuck

31 minutes ago, HoboAsh said:

hey! so the game loads in a black screen loading all its assessts and then just stops on the screen shot.

thats the best way i can explain it. the game itself doesnt load and always gets stuck

That screenshot is the server successfully starting up and waiting for a user to connect. Because it’s a server, it doesn’t need art assets, so the message is purely diagnostic vs. a problem.

What are you trying to do?

20 hours ago, EnigmaGrey said:

That screenshot is the server successfully starting up and waiting for a user to connect. Because it’s a server, it doesn’t need art assets, so the message is purely diagnostic vs. a problem.

What are you trying to do?

Oh is it? it just sits there and waits and I don't know whow to progress past that screen? it just sits there. oh man i feel like an idiot, aha!

what do i need to do to get it to boot up from here?

sorry about this!

3 hours ago, HoboAsh said:

Oh is it? it just sits there and waits and I don't know whow to progress past that screen? it just sits there. oh man i feel like an idiot, aha!

what do i need to do to get it to boot up from here?

sorry about this!

You run the ProjectZomboid32 or ProjectZomboid64 bat/exe instead of the server's bat.

12 hours ago, HoboAsh said:

I'm so clueless how to fix this issue. I've tried everything possible but for some reason I can't seem to find a fix anywhere and I am DYING to play this game.

Hopefully someone can help me here!
I'm also new to this game and forum so I apologise if this is in the wrong section etc

Thanks!

1RXKQ0gkp0.png

Could you elaborate on what the problem is exactly? Is anything specifically wrong with the game or can you not load something?

On 4/27/2021 at 1:41 PM, EnigmaGrey said:

You run the ProjectZomboid32 or ProjectZomboid64 bat/exe instead of the server's bat.

Wait so I'm launching it through Steam I guess this is not the way to do it? I need to loccate the folder with the Application file in and run it through that instead?

Sorry about all the questions but massive thanks for the help tho!

Archived