Change Project Zomboid's Name?

Dreadhawk177

Project Zomboid: Name Change??  

45 members have voted

1. 1. Should Project Zomboid's name be changed?

• No.
    • Yes.
  2. 2. What most accurately describes your feelings towards the title?

• The name rocks and stands out.
    • The name sounds lame.
    • We have come too far to change it now.
    • I don't know..

I know this has been suggested, but I want to get a poll. I feel that Project Zomboid is not a very suitable name for the game as it is now. It sounds too low end. Personally, I think the game devs should consider changing the name before releasing the final product. If you have any suggestions for a possible replacement title, feel free to post!

By the way, my brother (who also plays a lot of PZ) agrees with me that the name should be changed.

Name won't be changed.
It would be rather contraproductive. Especially after it's been that way on Desura and Steam and people know the name.

I don't think it really matters how many polls or threads you make (ignoring the fact that the majority of people who already know the name will not agree with a namechange).

My aunt agrees with me btw.

:)

A lot of people think the name should be changed. It's just that there's far more people who think the name shouldn't be changed, and the arguments for why exactly the name needs to be changed don't stand up to the reasons for keeping it the same as it has always been.

You change a name to escape bad press, not good press, and PZ has a metric ton of good press associated with its name.

Why change? It's a unique name, and instantly recognisable. Has a certain charm to it. 

I think certain suggestions are a little ridiculous, to be honest. If anything, the name of Project Zomboid shows the game is DIFFERENT to other zombie sims, because really PZ is the only zombie game I know of taking a purely realistic approach, and 'Project' Zomboid signifies this. 

Names like State of Decay? Dead Island? Survival Instinct? DayZ? All have a very arcade like name, very informal. Not sure what makes you think those would be better. 

We could change it to 'Dead World' or 'Dead Straight!' or 'Dead of the Dead' or 'The Dead Death'

Nah, we're sticking with Project Zomboid. :P It seemed we were stuck with it due to how it came about, but we've happened to pick a memorable name that doesn't blend in with a lot of other zombie titles. And to change the name of the game this late on, after going on Steam of all things, would be suicide anyway unless of course the old name became especially controversial or copyright infringing, ahem.

The answer of what it's initial title can be seen here:

Like I said in the previous thread name changes have alot of consequences due to public perception. Just to sum it up. War Z ---> Infestation Survivor Stories.  Not a good idea.

War Z was already controversial to begin with, the name change was to due to corporate suing them for infringement.

Name changes, can at times be detrimental, but can also have *some* benefits.

Not in this case, though.