One Question and one Problem

Edruw

Question

Hi, my friend and I are Brazilians and we bought the game a short time ago and we have some questions. I can play multiplayer version 40, but in build 41 I cannot play multiplayer, I can only play singleplayer.
1 - My question is whether multiplayer was still made in build 41 or whether multiplayer was turned off.

2 - My other question / problem is that my friend can't play build 41. His game opens, a black screen appears and the game crashes. He saw some videos and was unable to resolve them. The only way he managed was to open the game folder and run 32 bits, but he also said that inside the game, the windows and doors are buggy and some things are purple. I can open build 41 normally, but he can't. Could anyone help us with this?

3 answers to this question

7 hours ago, Edruw said:

does not contain video card.

Yeah, this is gonna be a problem. Your friends computer is below the minimum requirements for build 41 and therefore  he has these issues.
There are a few things to try to make it better but his graphics card is very weak and cannot handle the game properly.

Try these few things to see if they help though:

1. Make sure your drivers are up to date from the official website

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24970/Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-15-28-

2. Keep running the game in 32 bit mode as its more stable on weaker machines.

3. Lower any settings in the options, lower the puddle quality, turn texture compression on

6 hours ago, Edruw said:

Hi, my friend and I are Brazilians and we bought the game a short time ago and we have some questions. I can play multiplayer version 40, but in build 41 I cannot play multiplayer, I can only play singleplayer.
1 - My question is whether multiplayer was still made in build 41 or whether multiplayer was turned off.

2 - My other question / problem is that my friend can't play build 41. His game opens, a black screen appears and the game crashes. He saw some videos and was unable to resolve them. The only way he managed was to open the game folder and run 32 bits, but he also said that inside the game, the windows and doors are buggy and some things are purple. I can open build 41 normally, but he can't. Could anyone help us with this?

1. Multiplayer is currently being completely reworked for build 41, it will be added in the full release. You can follow the development of it here: https://projectzomboid.com/blog/news/

2. We will need some info from your friend. First we will need to know his full computer specifications to see if his computer can even play build 41, since the requirements for it are higher due to the 3D animations. We will need to know his CPU, Graphics card and RAM mainly.
We will also need his "logs.zip" file that can be found in "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid".
He needs to go to that folder and then attach that file to the message here (or send it to you and you can attach it), the logs confain information that will be helpful to us to figure out why there are problems.

Archived