Suggestion for stunlocks in B41.

VunderFiz

Ok so I'm just going to straight say it as it is. the stunlock system is garbage, 2 zombies come onto you, you might as well just exit the save because your not getting out of that without bites. I've had it happen repeatedly and I'm one of the "zomboid pro's" BUT I've come up with a simple solution.

Link stun locks to fitness and strength:

for example trips and fence lunges are handled by Fitness while zombie attacks (where you push them off of you) are handled by strength, higher the strength farther and quicker you push a zombie off of you, and higher fitness means you get up quicker. I'd also suggest a stun on the zombies as well. because the animation for pushing a zed is just as long as it takes for a zombie to stop falling back and come back (you'll push them away just to have the same zombie on top of you) perhaps make the zombie stagger and realign itself and THEN start moving to you. 

please think about this as those stunlocks are not at all balanced. they end more saves just because there is 2 zombies on both sides of you and you physically cannot escape. that is not a fair death. which you could say "zomboid doesn't give you a hand" which is TRUE, but balance is also important when making a game like zomboid

I'm sorry to say that I've not been seeing the issue you seem to be having, if you're talking about melee.

Personally, I can handle two to three zeds at the same time fairly easily by walking backwards and slapping one after the other as they get close. It's not the perfect way to deal with them and I'll typically need a decent weapon like a bat to get good results out of it, but it stuns them just fine and it normally leaves me completely untouched. The problem for me only really comes when there's four or more zeds, wherein there's then too many for me to stun before they reach me, or if my character is exhausted / fatigued.

In which case, I just run—which is also an option for you, too.

That all said, though, I don't mind the idea of linking grab defense with fitness or strength, or both.  Though, if you get grabbed from behind, I think it's fair that you're still just screwed.

On 4/16/2021 at 10:37 PM, Fuzzy Wolfy said:

I'm sorry to say that I've not been seeing the issue you seem to be having, if you're talking about melee.

Personally, I can handle two to three zeds at the same time fairly easily by walking backwards and slapping one after the other as they get close. It's not the perfect way to deal with them and I'll typically need a decent weapon like a bat to get good results out of it, but it stuns them just fine and it normally leaves me completely untouched. The problem for me only really comes when there's four or more zeds, wherein there's then too many for me to stun before they reach me, or if my character is exhausted / fatigued.

In which case, I just run—which is also an option for you, too.

That all said, though, I don't mind the idea of linking grab defense with fitness or strength, or both.  Though, if you get grabbed from behind, I think it's fair that you're still just screwed.

sorry haven't been looking at this, i'm not referring to combat really, basically if two zombies get on either side of you and one managed to get to you first, you get stunlocked and it gives the other zombie enough time to get to you as well, which than causes another stunlock, which then the zombie that was first on you can get you again. all the while the stunlock prevents you from moving. it's a very annoying thing that kills a LOT of people