Menu aim (easier menu navigation)

Shnergin

Often when I'm cooking in the game (build 41.50) I will select my stir-fry and a long list of ingredients to add will open.  I'll often want an item towards the bottom and I'll try to move my mouse cursor straight there.  In doing so my cursor moves off the stir-fry before it gets onto the ingredients menu, and this causes the ingredients menu to close.

There's a solution to this problem that I've seen called "menu aim".  Whenever a menu is open the triangle of space in between the cursor, the top corner of the menu, and the bottom corner of the menu can be calculated, and if the cursor moves within this space then the menu should stay open, even if the cursor passes over another option briefly.

There's a very good writeup of this technique (with animations!) by Ben Kamens on his blog: https://bjk5.com/post/44698559168/breaking-down-amazons-mega-dropdown.

With an engine where many interactions are menu based, I think it's important to have good menuing.  I hope you all will consider implementing menu aim.