Rogelio Garcia

RogerG153

Question

I was trying to set up a multiplayer server for me and my girlfriend when i got the error message that i am sending to you for help ive given PZ full access to multiplayer features and we both ran it on the same version and the same error message occurred when i tried launching the server and when she invited me to play in hers my laptop runs the game relatively smoothly and my internet connection was more then adequate to play multiplayer any  help would be greatly appreciated. 

IMG-20210414-WA0004[1].jpg

8 answers to this question

On 4/21/2021 at 2:51 AM, Beard said:

In that case can you share the "logs.zip" file found in "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" here? You can attach it to your message and we can have a look for any problems there.

look imma be completely honest i dont even know if this is what your looking for because when i inputted the command "C/Users/roger/Zomboid/console.txt i searched up logs.zip and turned up nothing but i just inputted the command you told me without the console.txt and found a file folder named Logs and this one that im sending you which i believe is what your asking for but im not tech savvy

logs.zip

Thanks, its the correct log. I can see there that when you start the server it doesnt let you allow to log into it. This can be caused by a few things, the first thing I would recommend you do is adding an exception to Project Zomboid to any antivirus software you have (if you have any). Antivirus like Avast especially block all connections the PZ tries to make. So depending on the type of antivirus it can be the cause of this issue.

11 hours ago, Beard said:

Thanks, its the correct log. I can see there that when you start the server it doesnt let you allow to log into it. This can be caused by a few things, the first thing I would recommend you do is adding an exception to Project Zomboid to any antivirus software you have (if you have any). Antivirus like Avast especially block all connections the PZ tries to make. So depending on the type of antivirus it can be the cause of this issue.

ill look around for any anti-virus software i believe may be the cause of this issue but i do believe i gave project zomboid all permissions since i first booted it up if the antivirus turns out not to be the issue are there any other problems that could be causing this issue?

8 hours ago, RogerG153 said:

ill look around for any anti-virus software i believe may be the cause of this issue but i do believe i gave project zomboid all permissions since i first booted it up if the antivirus turns out not to be the issue are there any other problems that could be causing this issue?

If its not the antivirus then I would recommend trying to connect to a few public servers to see whether you are even allowed to connect to them. If you can connect to them then we will have to look further into the issue, if you cannot then something is definitely blocking connections (antivirus, router etc.)

On 4/15/2021 at 4:31 AM, Beard said:

Do you have any mods enabled on the server? They can cause connection issues like these. Make sure to check the settings to be sure there are none enabled.

we both have mods but we turned them off because shes fairly new and didnt want her to get overwhelmed with dealing with mods

19 hours ago, Beard said:

If its not the antivirus then I would recommend trying to connect to a few public servers to see whether you are even allowed to connect to them. If you can connect to them then we will have to look further into the issue, if you cannot then something is definitely blocking connections (antivirus, router etc.)

Me and my girlfriend tried tried to connect to a few public servers to see if we can actually play them and it worked we both were able to play the game relatively smoothly we exited out the server and she informed me of a notification saying if you wish to invite your friends to have your friend not have project zomboid running so steam can run it, it seems like the issue was the game was having difficulty connecting me to her server as the game was already running on my laptop so closing the game accepting the invite worked in getting the game to work multiplayer for me and my girlfriend thank you for at least hearing out my issue and giving me advice it was greatly appreciated have a blessed day.

Archived