Begginer Tile Creation questions

Snuffleupagus

I just started dabbling with adding my own tiles. So far it's working out alright, the weirdest thing is that the tiles don't display correctly in the Tilesets viewer in Tilezed (see screenshot), but in spite of that they seem to drop into the editors correctly.

So getting to the point...

Before I go nuts adding hundreds of tiles, I'm wondering how I should be organizing everything for later distribution.

Where do additional tilesets fit into the mods folder structure (for upload to the workshop)? My assumption would be something like "...media\tiles\x2\"?

I'm also assuming I'm going to need to include the .tiles file, so my guess is it's better to create an additional .tiles file instead of just adding entries to the default "newtiledefinition.tiles" file? Or maybe it doesn't matter? 

In the building editor, does it matter what lists I drop the new tiles into? Or again, is it better to just create new lists? Or again, maybe it doesn't matter? 

I'm starting to understand the tile structure a little better but I'm still pretty hazy on the whole thing. In a nutshell, I'm looking for a guide to follow to show me how to upload my map to the workshop without all my custom tiles showing up as those weird red question marks for the subscribers.

(I'm hoping I'm overthinking the whole thing and everything just gets packed into the lotpacks without having to screw with it... that would be nice)

image.thumb.png.f9392eaa3871ac5adb1b95e10354be43.png