My game crash when i go sleep, help me😥

xuru2

Hmm from the logs I can see that it seems to crash when going to sleep, though there are no game errors or anything that would tell me as to why that would happen.
Can I ask you if you have any antivirus software? Sometimes they can cause issues like this where they check the game files a lot which can cause lag and crashes.

If you have any antivirus, I recommend adding an exception for the whole "Zomboid" folder found in "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" to the antivirus, to make sure that it doesn't check the newly created save files that get created when sleeping for viruses, as that can cause crashing.

Very interesting, its difficult to know what causes those crashes as in the logs it looks like the game just closes by itself, and there are no problems anywhere. You mentioned you have no antivirus so that cannot mess with it either...
Could you check whether the game created additional error logs? It sometimes does that with certain crashes.

You will need to go to "Steam\steamapps\common\ProjectZomboid" and check if there are any "hs_err_pid" files in that folder, if yes then please attach them to your message as those will be helpful to us.

Alright thats a shame.
Can I ask if the game saves properly for you though? When a player goes to sleep the game gets saved. So I am curious whether it would be a problem with the saving breaking and not a problem with sleeping.
The game saves every time you Quit out of the game as well.
In which case my question is whether you can start a game, then Press ESC > Quit without crashing, and then loading into the save again with all collected items intact and properly saved.

Honestly just try uninstalling the game completely, going to your Zomboid folder in your users and deleting that, and reinstalling. 

Or also try increasing ram. That fixed a few stutters for me, and if you're running on a pc with a cpu with a fairly low clock it could cause it as well. Back in the day I ran the game on an absolutely awful laptop (way before even the first double sized textures update) so I could not speed up time without it crashing, and sleeping was a 50/50.

Edited by Charleston

4 hours ago, xuru2 said:

but i wont lose my save?

Your saves are located at

C:/User/NAME/Zomboid/Saves

Just be double sure you back it up and then put it back later. That zomboid folder is the folder you will probably wanna delete as well anyhow.

To add onto this, what is the frequency of your processor? I know that the game often has problems with (albeit new) slow processors in my experiences. (When I say slow I don't mean bad, just the clock speed tends to be hanging in the mid to low 2ghz range. Friend of mine had an i7 something or other at 2.3ghz and the game would lag terribly, crash constantly, and had no logs that would show anything to help the situation.

Edit: Just looked over your log, a 2200g should be just fine, maybe the single core speed just isn't up to par for the time speedups? Is your multicore rendering turned on? I don't know exactly if that would change anything just a suggestion.

Edited by Charleston