Latest TileZed, WorldEd, and Tilesets (April 7 2021)

EasyPickins

Tiles

Tileset images

For Windows

TileZed + WorldEd 32-bit

TileZed + WorldEd 64-bit

The 32-bit version of WorldEd seems unable to load all the tilesets due to high memory usage, displaying ??? for some tiles.

Linux

TileZed + WorldEd 64-bit

This was built on Ubuntu 20.

TileZed changes:

• BuildingEd: made the rooms combobox wider to avoid eliding text in dropdown menu.
  • Disabled the tileset search filter when there are no tilesets.
  • Fixed crash right-clicking in the tileset view when there is no tileset.
  • BuildingEd: forbid adding more than 8 floors.
  • Fixed graphics corruption in BuildingEd tile view when OpenGL rendering is turned off.
  • Added editor for overlays on non-container tiles.
    This is used for things such as adding random seat cushions and detail textures on brick walls.
  • Added "Show Lot Floors Only" option to the View menu.
  • Tiles in layers named X_AboveLots are drawn above lots (buildings).
    This can be used to place fences or other tiles adjacent to building walls.
  • Added support for loading tilesets from subdirectories of the Tiles/ and Tiles/2x/ directories.
    You can put custom tilesets into one or more subdirectories to keep them separate from the game's tilesets.
    Tilesets can be moved freely in and out of subdirectories without breaking maps or buildings.
  • Container Overlay editor: Dragging-and-dropping 2 tiles onto the base tile creates a new room with those 2 tiles.
  • Added "Floor Grime (Random)" edge tool.
  • Added "Blend Edges Everywhere" setting in the blend-tool options.
    By default, BMP blend edge tiles are added on top of BMP floor tiles only or adjacent to BMP floor tiles.  A new per-map setting changes this behavior to allow edge tiles to be placed onto non-BMP floor tiles.
  • Dragging-and-dropping blank tiles in the overlay editors sets the tile name to "none".
  • Fixed slowness switching between maps due to searching WorldEd projects for the map file.

WorldEd changes:

• Display only levels 0-7 instead of 0-10.
  • Added object properties that are used to tell the game which direction water is flowing (or not flowing, such as swimming pools).
  • Added mouse-over highlighting of cells in the world view.
  • The Layers dock displays default layers from TMXConfig.txt so they may be hidden.
  • Generate Lots no longer stops after the first error, reporting errors when finished.
  • Fixed "Show BMP Images" view option not being applied when opening a world.
  • Fixed the long delay before the context menu appears after right-clicking on buildings.
    The delay increased with the number of buildings and rooms.
  • Lots may be reordered by dragging and dropping within the Lots dock.

• nasKo pinned this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

EasyPickins Please add support for horizontal and vertical walls. It was really cool and added more variety for us as map and building creators.
I hope it can be done, and I am more than sure that people want it.

If you doubt that we will not find a use for these horizontal and vertical walls - do not hesitate)

12313.png

• 2 weeks later...

Please make it possible to save a map of objects (details) to a file.  PLEASE !!!!!

For example, I have a 1x1 cell on the map and on it I have placed a vegetable garden with different plants, fences, wells, bales of hay, logs, leaves, different trees (not standard), and various other objects for the exterior.

We currently have 3 files - basemap, vegetation map and zombie spawn.

If you go here https://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php?/topic/21951-the-one-stop-tilezed-mapping-shop/

and read step 5, then this is actually what I'm asking about.

MAP of details. Sometimes the program crashes or you accidentally overwrite the basemap file or the file with vegetation (I don't remember exactly which one) and in an instant you lose all the details on the map and all the work was in vain. And this is just awful. Motivation drops instantly and you want to give up everything.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems that no matter what I try, it doesn't want to launch from Linux, here's the error:

Error renaming file!

To: /home/faalagorn/.TileZed/Tilesets.txt

Invalid cross-device link

(while reading Tilesets.txt)

The from path is empty and the file is getting created under /home/faalagorn/.TileZed/Tilesets.txt properly. It happens with the pre-compiled version as well as the one compiled from GitHub https://github.com/timbaker/tiled

Might be my system as I'm not on Ubuntu but Arch instead, though the old version seemed to work for me…

It seems the problem is known in other applications as well, but I'm fighting hard to troubleshoot it for few hours now, I'll let you know if I find anything, but maybe someone else has an idea?

EDIT: It seems that I solved it by commenting lines 77 to 111: https://github.com/timbaker/tiled/blob/zomboid/src/tiled/BuildingEditor/simplefile.cpp#L77 to https://github.com/timbaker/tiled/blob/zomboid/src/tiled/BuildingEditor/simplefile.cpp#L111

so the following lines are gone:

// foo.txt -> foo.txt.bak
    QFileInfo destInfo(filePath);
    QString backupPath = filePath + QLatin1String(".bak");
    QFile backupFile(backupPath);
    if (destInfo.exists()) {
        if (backupFile.exists()) {
            if (!backupFile.remove()) {
                mError = QString(QLatin1String("Error deleting file!\n%1\n\n%2"))
                        .arg(backupPath)
                        .arg(backupFile.errorString());
                return false;
            }
        }
        QFile destFile(filePath);
        if (!destFile.rename(backupPath)) {
            mError = QString(QLatin1String("Error renaming file!\nFrom: %1\nTo: %2\n\n%3"))
                    .arg(filePath)
                    .arg(backupPath)
                    .arg(destFile.errorString());
            return false;
        }
    }

// /tmp/tempXYZ -> foo.txt
    tempFile.close();
    if (!tempFile.rename(filePath)) {
        mError = QString(QLatin1String("Error renaming file!\nFrom: %1\nTo: %2\n\n%3"))
                .arg(tempFile.fileName())
                .arg(filePath)
                .arg(tempFile.errorString());
        // Try to un-rename the backup file
        if (backupFile.exists())
            backupFile.rename(filePath); // might fail
        return false;
    }

with this code gone, I made sure the respective files are in tiled/share/tilezed/config/ directory (I copied the one that were created before), that way it works by not looking for the files from the home directory. It' It seems that looking for files there is broken for me for some reason :-?

It's a very hacky solution, so a proper fix would be welcome (especially as I see there's a "might fail" code. I might take a look and at least post an issue on GitHub if I won't forget

EDIT2: While it allows the program to run, it can't save anything. I gotta troubleshoot the issue further it seems… The old version works fine with saving.

EDIT3: It turned out to be more complicated; it seems that the software can't write to my home folder sometimes, this also happened for me with the old version. I saved stuff in /tmp temporarily, and it seems to work! Something worth to take a closer look indeed, but at least I got to run stuff on the latest version. :)

Edited by Faalagorn
EDIT3

On 4/28/2021 at 7:16 PM, Хибити\Hibiti [BLR] said:

EasyPickins Please add support for horizontal and vertical walls. It was really cool and added more variety for us as map and building creators.
I hope it can be done, and I am more than sure that people want it.

If you doubt that we will not find a use for these horizontal and vertical walls - do not hesitate)

12313.png

For front walls with window needs new animation of climb over. This is impossible at the moment.

• 1 month later...

Hеy everyone!

I have some issue with missing tiles:

1. appliances_01
  2. blueprints_01
  3. fixtures_01
  4. fixtures_windows_detailing_02
  5. floors_overlay_street_01
  6. floors_overlay_tiles_01
  7. floors_overlay_tiles_02
  8. floors_overlay_wood_01
  9. foraging_01
  10. location_business_distillery_01
  11. location_community_church_small_02
  12. location_entertainment_gallery_01
  13. location_entertainment_gallery_02
  14. location_military_generic_01
  15. location_military_knox_01
  16. location_military_tent_01
  17. location_restaurant_spiffos_03
  18. missing_tileset_666
  19. seating_01
  20. signs_one-off_02
  21. signs_one-off_03
  22. signs_one-off_04
  23. storage_01
  24. vegetation_wall_01
  25. walls_house_blocks_01
  26. walls_house_blocks_01_MIRRORED
  27. walls_house_blocks_LIGHT_01
  28. walls_house_blocks_LIGHT_01_MIRRORED
  29. walls_house_brick_01
  30. walls_house_brick_01_MIRRORED
  31. walls_house_brick_LIGHT_01
  32. walls_house_brick_LIGHT_01_MIRRORED
  33. walls_house_clapboard_01
  34. walls_house_clapboard_01_MIRRORED
  35. walls_house_clapboard_LIGHT_01
  36. walls_house_clapboard_LIGHT_01_MIRRORED
  37. walls_house_flatstone_01
  38. walls_house_flatstone_01_MIRRORED
  39. walls_house_smooth_01
  40. walls_house_smooth_01_MIRRORED
  41. walls_house_stone_01
  42. walls_house_stone_01_MIRRORED
  43. walls_house_trailer_01
  44. walls_house_trailer_01_MIRRORED
  45. walls_house_wood_01
  46. walls_house_wood_01_MIRRORED

Where I can find them?

Edited by Nakvili

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2021 at 2:33 PM, Faalagorn said:

<snip>

I also have the same issue on Void Linux, I've gone the option of running the editors through Wine but I would like to run them natively if I can. Did you find a proper solution?

• 3 months later...

So how exactly do you open game's assets with this app? In the I don't find any .tmx files, tried to open some .bin (worldmap.xml.in) - that didn't work either. 

I would like to browse textures of objects (not items).

2 hours ago, Eggon said:

So how exactly do you open game's assets with this app? In the I don't find any .tmx files, tried to open some .bin (worldmap.xml.in) - that didn't work either. 

I would like to browse textures of objects (not items).

Make sure you have downloaded and set up the tiles folder in both TileZed and WorldEd.

If you are trying to open the vanilla map then you are out of luck. Any/all map mods need to be created from scratch.

11 minutes ago, RingoD123 said:

Make sure you have downloaded and set up the tiles folder in both TileZed and WorldEd.

If you are trying to open the vanilla map then you are out of luck. Any/all map mods need to be created from scratch.

I'd just like to browse vanilla textures (need to use their names), not the actual maps. I found in the TileZed the sub-app for .tiles files and I tried to open them, but I get this mess:

image.png.4dfe90d340a8f05b835c56eb52a805d8.png

How can I make them open properly?

25 minutes ago, Eggon said:

I'd just like to browse vanilla textures (need to use their names), not the actual maps. I found in the TileZed the sub-app for .tiles files and I tried to open them, but I get this mess:

image.png.4dfe90d340a8f05b835c56eb52a805d8.png

How can I make them open properly?

Looks like you havnt set up the tiles properly. In Tilezed you need to click on Tools and then Tilesets and then make sure the Tiles Folder is pointed at the Tiles folder you downloaded and not the 2x folder inside of it.

19 hours ago, RingoD123 said:

Looks like you havnt set up the tiles properly. In Tilezed you need to click on Tools and then Tilesets and then make sure the Tiles Folder is pointed at the Tiles folder you downloaded and not the 2x folder inside of it.

What folder is the "Tiles folder that I downloaded"? Is that some folder of the game? Which one? The only "2x" folders in PZ's folder are subfolders of some "fonts" folders which I expect are something different.

TileZed does not have any "Tiles" or "2x" subfolders either.

10 minutes ago, Eggon said:

What folder is the "Tiles folder that I downloaded"? Is that some folder of the game? Which one? The only "2x" folders in PZ's folder are subfolders of some "fonts" folders which I expect are something different.

TileZed does not have any "Tiles" or "2x" subfolders either.

The link at the very top of this page that says "Tileset Images"

58 minutes ago, Ciber Ninja said:

The link at the very top of this page that says "Tileset Images"

Oh, ok, thank you! That worked, I can see most of the images now. 

Is there a way to see the actual sprite names as later used by objects in their respective sprite properties? When I hover over the images only "GID xxxxx" appears. Clicking on the image does nothig either.

• 1 month later...

Inside tilezed there is a file called config.exe... run it and set the path toyour worlded-folder(important, close the tools before doing that), when done start both worlded and tileset and go into each settingstab, setup both tools with thepaths it asked for in the settings, afterwards inside tilezed click  on tools/Tilesets and also set the correct path. This should fix it, although im not a superpro... could be that i miss/overseeing something...

On 4/7/2021 at 4:16 PM, EasyPickins said:

Can't seem to DL these files.  Keep getting "Failed - Network error" and "Failed - Server problem".  It keeps getting to the last few seconds of the DL before it fails.  Thought it might just be a temporary issue... It's been doing it for over 12 hours, at least.

37 minutes ago, NachoNinjaGnome said:

Can't seem to DL these files.  Keep getting "Failed - Network error" and "Failed - Server problem".  It keeps getting to the last few seconds of the DL before it fails.  Thought it might just be a temporary issue... It's been doing it for over 12 hours, at least.

You're trying to download a version that is nearly a year old, the newest version of the tools are here:

and the latest tiles are here:

2 hours ago, RingoD123 said:

You're trying to download a version that is nearly a year old

Ah, I see... thank you.  Somebody should probably edit this post with a OUTDATED or OBSOLETE notification and the links to the latest.  I was looking at an even older page that had something saying that this page had the newest links.

5 hours ago, NachoNinjaGnome said:

Got the same result with the new links.  Could be due to the fact that I'm using a mobile hotspot.  I don't, currently, have internet at my place.

Yeah I'm guessing it's related to your internet connection as I've just tried the links and they work fine.

• nasKo unpinned this topic