Camp Canopy and kit.

BebopCola

Stoves and microwaves stopped working in my game the other day(I assume electricity stopped) so I was no longer able to cook food. I figured I'd just build a campfire to do it so wasn't too worried. Then it rained on my dinner.

Similar to a tent kit, I think it would be good to add a canopy kit. Basically the same as a tent kit, but all it does is create a canopy over your camp to keep the rain off, letting you remain dry and keeping your campfire lit.

Four sturdy sticks and maybe two sheets, nothing too large here. It would either need a new graphic, or maybe it could be represented by a smaller version of what I assume are the carport canopies near some houses.

Ideally, I'd agree that simple sheets would not provide sufficient rain protection.

I've not tried it, but does one get wet when sleeping in the tent outdoors when it's raining? If not, then I'd suggest that treating the canopy like the tent would be the most straightforward and simplest implementation absent other components(like plastic sheets or somesuch).

I'm not sure how keen I'd be on needing a full carpentry kit for it, however. Seems like one would be traveling a bit heavy and going a bit out of the way to build a full wooden structure for a day or two of rain protection.

Heck, both tents and portable canopies should be relatively common in a sporting goods store anyway.

A tarp and rope could easily make a shelter if you have nearby objects to lash it onto. And depends exactly where you are, but you can get wet even with a tent or an overhead shelter, so a groundcloth or padding is often pretty helpful.

I imagine in-game, providing shelter from windlash, or perhaps snow would be a good reason to carry shelter materials. Or even to reduce the signature of a cookfire (though there's less direct ways to make those smaller.)