Jump to content
Pogo

Returning Player Suggestions for Build 41

Recommended Posts

Well,

 

first off, i own a copie of PZ for so long and never dived into it too much, but recently i saw some streams and dived like 100 h into it, here are my takeaways.

 

Generell Suggestions:

  • There are so many good mods ( i actually never played them but nevertheless) - devs should consider adapt some of them in the main build (e.g. Silencer Mods for Weapons, Bagpacks with attachments, Military Vehicles, MIlitary Armor, Tanks, .....)

 

Cars:

  • I'm missing trucks for like "moving to another City"
  • No way to effectivly remove car wracks (e.g. from the street)

 

Zombies:

  • I had the impression that they peak really fast in terms of population, ( so mid to endgame was kid of the same) - WOudl be cool to have them grow longer in numbers (Configurable through Server Settings) - or / and that they get stronger, faster, or maybe even Boss-Like Zombies 
  • Potential good seetings would be to see the zombie growth number as a graph (linear, or exponential)

 

Base Building:

  • I Build a Base in Riverside, but was never attacked by a Horde of Zombies. Would be very cool to have such events like in "7 Days to Die" (Bloodmoon) where they will attack you base and you have to buidl defence structures (Turrents, Spikes, etc..)
  • Would be cool to have the possibility to attach electricity wth your base, as long as there is electricity
  • Would be motivational, if you have a "nice" home that you will get buffs (e.g. Simple Wooden home, vs, home with carpet / Tiles , painted, decorated...)
  • No Way to replace or build a (Broken) window ?
  • No Way to pickup or build curtains 
  • No way to reinforce Doors
  • No Way to Build (Central) switches for Lamps (like in normal Homes)
  • Connecting a Sink with a Barrel on top of the roof is kind of not intuitive

 

Bug-Sections

  • Not sure but i cant shoot through fences ?
  • Light bulps from Cars have no indicator of their Quality left (only visible when you actually try to put them in a car)
  • Wasnt able to plaster my Door Frame ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some nice suggestions here, but military stuff like tanks are a no. (No OP vehicles) in the commonly suggested suggestions thread. We'll see how the rest goes down in the future. Silencers are a divide in the community I'd say.

 

Also for moving wrecks, you can tow them now in vanilla. Just stop the back of your car near the wreck's front, step out and stand between both of them and press V. You should be able to attach them. The car you're using to tow might need to be heavy to actually move it though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some nice suggestion indeed, like @MadDan2013said though, some of the them (bloodmoon or stronger zombies) doesn't fit the lore, some can be adjusted with sandbox though so might fit there.

 

On 4/7/2021 at 9:57 AM, Pogo said:

There are so many good mods ( i actually never played them but nevertheless) - devs should consider adapt some of them in the main build (e.g. Silencer Mods for Weapons, Bagpacks with attachments, Military Vehicles, MIlitary Armor, Tanks, .....)

Some of that actually happens over time – it happened with trailers, disassembling wrecks and other minor QoL things; just keep in mind that mods often can not be implemented as is so they change. Silencers are a possibility to come with more army locations, tank will probably be added just as a tourist attraction, but we'll see :)

 

On 4/7/2021 at 9:57 AM, Pogo said:

No way to effectivly remove car wracks (e.g. from the street)

See above, you should be able to dismantle them for nice metalworking skill gains, or tow them as @MadDan2013said.

 

On 4/7/2021 at 9:57 AM, Pogo said:

Base Building:

  • I Build a Base in Riverside, but was never attacked by a Horde of Zombies. Would be very cool to have such events like in "7 Days to Die" (Bloodmoon) where they will attack you base and you have to buidl defence structures (Turrents, Spikes, etc..)

You can set helicopter event to occur more often, but I have a feeling that we'll get more elaborate meta events down the line. There are basic traps already (wired fence, broken glass and engineer traps), but the system will probably be improved somewhere down the line, though maybe not with turrets ;)

 

On 4/7/2021 at 9:57 AM, Pogo said:
  • No Way to replace or build a (Broken) window ?
  • No Way to pickup or build curtains 
  • No way to reinforce Doors

You should be able to pick up undamaged windows (5% chance of breaking with level 10 carpentry, more with lowers) and replace them with move menu, though there are still some that can't be replaced/picked (especially the bigger ones). Curtains can be picked and placed with pick up menu. You can add barricades to some doors and place sheets on them or place new ones, but the existing ones can't be moved.

 

The sinks are indeed counter-intuitive and as far as electricity improvements, I guess it's on a backburner, but there were some teases for electricity improvements, so we'll see what time brings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Positive moodles for having a good home is something I've been thinking about quite a bit, and I still think it's a good idea.

 

Having a nice home (or just interacting with nice furniture, like a Television), a decent diet, keeping yourself entertained and healthy, etc. I feel should contribute to how your character develops, like - it could give you a minor benefit to learning skills or earning XP, since you're in a better mindset. Likewise, being depressed, bored, or sickly could negatively affect how quickly your character grows.

Edited by Fuzzy Wolfy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Fuzzy Wolfy said:

Having a nice home (or just interacting with nice furniture, like a Television), a decent diet, keeping yourself entertained and healthy, etc.

Actually, watching TVs and radios have some minor gains for hapiness and boredome reducers and of course the better the cook, the more ingredients can be added for the hapiness bonuses, but yeah the whole system needs a serious upgrade down the road, as right now it's really easy to cheese, especially with smoker or pills and is barely noticeable even if you stuff yourself with dog food and worms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2021 at 11:28 AM, Faalagorn said:

Actually, watching TVs and radios have some minor gains for hapiness and boredome reducers and of course the better the cook, the more ingredients can be added for the hapiness bonuses, but yeah the whole system needs a serious upgrade down the road, as right now it's really easy to cheese, especially with smoker or pills and is barely noticeable even if you stuff yourself with dog food and worms.

 

Oh yeah, that much I know, it helps alleviate boredom, but there's no "Positive" effects aside that affect your mood, like for example; being 'Happy' or 'Entertained'.

 

I've seen tons of suggestions for it where, say, being Happy might make you slightly faster at reading or interacting with things, and being Entertained will help keep boredom away for longer. It doesn't need to be a huge effect, but I think it'd make building a really nice base or collecting really good furniture worthwhile from a character point of view.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...