Stadia controller. Switching up with down and overall very strange button layout.

jowowei

Question

My friend and i tried coop, so we did setup a remote play. I use a stadia controller, it works perfekt in other games on steam. PZ also identifys it as a stadia controller in options/controls.

But in game the character walks down when pressing up and the button layout is really crazy. Is it away to fix this? Its a really strange problem when i can play a bunch of other games with no problem. 

11 answers to this question

Can you go to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" and attach the "logs.zip" file found there to your next message? So we can check the game logs.
I also recommend going to the Options in game > Controller tab and make sure that the stadia controller is properly checkmarked, you can make sure that its the only thing checked there to avoid problems with other input devices, there you can also test out the controls. Just as a test to see whether they are only broken in-game or in the controller setup as well.

I am sure the correct controller is checkboxed since its the only one there. I did the test and it seems to work. I don’t know if the up and down motion is correct since it only shows in the horizontal direction. Is right up and left down?

I should have mention that I play on Mac, where do I found the log.zip?

2 hours ago, jowowei said:

I am sure the correct controller is checkboxed since its the only one there. I did the test and it seems to work. I don’t know if the up and down motion is correct since it only shows in the horizontal direction. Is right up and left down?

I should have mention that I play on Mac, where do I found the log.zip?

On a Mac, the logs are in the default "User" folder, or "Home" folder

Hmm there seems nothing wrong in the logs specifically, which means it would have to do something with the settings perhaps. Could you try launching Steam through Big Picture mode and setup your controller there in the settings? After that launch PZ through the Big Picture as well.

Thanks for checking the logs. I have done it the way you describe. It seems something happens when i,m entering the game. In steams big picture everything seems to be in order, and i guess thats confirmed since the controller works fine in other games. I have tried everything i can think of. 

The only other option that comes to mind is going to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid\joypads" and editing the joypad config files there, perhaps any settings there dont work well or havent been setup properly for the stadia controller, so editing the buttons there could be the answer.

8 hours ago, Beard said:

The only other option that comes to mind is going to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid\joypads" and editing the joypad config files there, perhaps any settings there dont work well or havent been setup properly for the stadia controller, so editing the buttons there could be the answer.

Great! Will try :)

Archived