Extremely ambitious long term world map system

Spiffosbestfriend

Okay might as well throw this out there cause I think it would be really cool (albeit probably improbable) BUT I think the system I am about to provide might have merit if the team was looking for a way to expand past Kentucky.

I have seen a live stream a long time ago where a dev actually said something in the vein of player generated maps expanding the word and well here is my thought.

I am picturing a system where player maps would be saved in such a way as to denote that map’s world location.

so it would look like this:

save map?

-yes

what country is your map in

-USA

What state?

-Arizona

Are you sure you want to create a map in Arizona USA?

-yes!

————-

okay so that’s the saving of the map, but why would we do that?

the idea is that by driving to the edge of the map the player would get a zoomed out view of the world where they could select a destination, and the maps would be selected from a pool of player made maps.

Do this and then tie in the multiplayer servers so as you explore the world you can jump in other servers.

——-

okay so there is some work that should last you guys another 6 years!! :D

but seriously just had this thought while playing and wanted to share it in case there is some kind of permutation of this idea on a smaller scope that would fit the design goals of the game!

thanks for reading.