Developers: with multiplayer around the corner this might be a good revamp for professions

vhbenin

Hi everyone. I've been passionate for this game for a while but never posted on the forum, in light of multiplayer right around the corner for build 41 i'd like to suggest some things: 

1) I assume there will be a party system, correct me if i'm wrong. If not this is a suggestion.

2) Afaik, professions have some unique traits that benefit the player, i suggest for multiplayer mode a revamp of professions in a collective sense, providing passive buffs for the group, for example:

2.1) A Doctor would have the unique trait of providing the hability for players around him, in his group, to identify how long will it take to heal wounds, showing a timer in the health menu. Also, maybe, he could indentify if a infection is a zombification or not. 

2.2) A Police officer would have the passive hability of lowering the panic rate of people around him

2.3) A fitness instructor would raise the xp gained of fitness training of people around him. Making strength and fitness gains when working out faster.

2.4)  A veteran would buff by a set percentage the speed everyone improves with ranged weapons

2.5)  Making nurses threat wounds of everyone, better, and with a faster healing rate. (I work as a heathcare provider and making nurses threat wounds better than doctors is a realistic thing to do, doctors identify and prescribe, nurses changing bandages is everyday life.)

If anyone has any ideas of professions contribuition in a teamwide manner, please feel free to contribute to this post.

Extra: please make us able to sit on couches and chairs, would love to roleplay with the boys. 

Edited by vhbenin

• vhbenin changed the title to Developers: with multiplayer around the corner this might be a good revamp for professions
4 hours ago, vhbenin said:

Hi everyone. I've been passionate for this game for a while but never posted on the forum, in light of multiplayer right around the corner for build 41 i'd like to suggest some things: 

1) I assume there will be a party system, correct me if i'm wrong. If not this is a suggestion.

2) Afaik, professions have some unique traits that benefit the player, i suggest for multiplayer mode a revamp of professions in a collective sense, providing passive buffs for the group, for example:

2.1) A Doctor would have the unique trait of providing the hability for players around him, in his group, to identify how long will it take to heal wounds, showing a timer in the health menu. Also, maybe, he could indentify if a infection is a zombification or not. 

2.2) A Police officer would have the passive hability of lowering the panic rate of people around him

2.3) A fitness instructor would raise the xp gained of fitness training of people around him. Making strength and fitness gains when working out faster.

2.4)  A veteran would buff by a set percentage the speed everyone improves with ranged weapons

2.5)  Making nurses threat wounds of everyone, better, and with a faster healing rate. (I work as a heathcare provider and making nurses threat wounds better than doctors is a realistic thing to do, doctors identify and prescribe, nurses changing bandages is everyday life.)

If anyone has any ideas of professions contribuition in a teamwide manner, please feel free to contribute to this post.

Extra: please make us able to sit on couches and chairs, would love to roleplay with the boys.

These seems like a great additions, though veteran already have desensitized trait.

I love perks with unique traits, it makes the game more vaulable in co-op by having abilities other player cannot get, even if minor.

• 4 weeks later...

Doctor trait could probably use some buffs. First aid is a rather underwhelming skill. 

Unless it has some better a abilities at higher skill levels that I'm unaware of. I've never managed to get it above level 4, as the injuries you need to treat to train the skill up are, in a statistical sense, likely going to kill you before gaining enough xp to improve it.

I suppose you could spend a few days walking barefoot and breaking windows without weapons to accrue injury without the risk of zombification, but that goes a long way in throwing immersion out the window. And that's assuming your reduced move or attack speed doesn't end up getting you killed anyway.

I imagine the devs'll come up with some kind of group synergy mechanics with professions once mp is officially in the pipes.