Sleeping Overhaul (DOES NOT WORK WITH STEAM FFS)

RoboMat

• 2 months later...

I like your mod, but passing out happens way too fast since it can happen within one day. It should only happen if you haven't slept for 2 or more days. Waking up at 6am and passing out at 10 pm the same day is a bit harsh imho. I just had such great shotgun run with 20+ zombies in front of me, when the lights went out. -__-

I like your mod, but passing out happens way too fast since it can happen within one day. It should only happen if you haven't slept for 2 or more days. Waking up at 6am and passing out at 10 pm the same day is a bit harsh imho. I just had such great shotgun run with 20+ zombies in front of me, when the lights went out. -__-

If I ever get around to updating the mod I will consider this :)

Seems like an awesome way to go though ;)

• 2 months later...

Well I got rid of the Utility.lua file, which is included in the base game if I'm not mistaken.

I probably put a mod info there if it was missing, put all files and folders from media/lua/Mods/SleepingOverhaul into media/lua/, and it works.

I'm using B27, too, and I did what you said - added a mod info and moved the contents of media/lua/Mods/SleepingOverhaul into into just media/lua (in my users/Zomboid part, not the installation directory), but the new traits didn't show up, nor the right-click context to sleep anywhere.  I didn't play long enough to see if I passed out, though.

I tried putting the files into the installation media/lua/client to see if that worked...that didn't, either.  Are there any interim solutions?  I've been playing with the "dead overhaul" mod "bundle", but it interferes with some of the later dev additions.  Now I feel like this mod is a necessity for my gaming experience :D

It's due to the override.lua file.  It was written utilizing a severely outdated version of ISWorldObjectContextMenu.lua.  I've updated the mod and got it working near flawlessly for my own personal use but I'm afraid I couldn't distribute my version without explicit permission from RoboMat.

If you want to try to get it running yourself, all you need to do is update the information in override.lua pertaining to ISWorldObjectContextMenu with script from the current build of PZ's version of ISWorldObjectContextMenu and it works fantastically.

It's due to the override.lua file.  It was written utilizing a severely outdated version of ISWorldObjectContextMenu.lua.  I've updated the mod and got it working near flawlessly for my own personal use but I'm afraid I couldn't distribute my version without explicit permission from RoboMat.

MODS_02.png

You can do whatever you want with my mod as long as credit is given ;)

You can do whatever you want with my mod as long as credit is given ;)

Oh, in that case I'll post a download link right away!  Thank you very much RoboMat!

Download for Updated Sleeping Overhaul (Build 27):

http://www.mediafire.com/download/exho7fr37wljjwf/Sleeping+Overhaul.rar

As all I did was fix the out of date sections of the script, all credit is still to RoboMat.  Thanks for your hard work and for making such a fantastically well thought out mod!

Made a quick update to the revision.  Download link is the same.

I noticed an occassional issue that context menus on right-click would disable when used with other mods.  That was my fault!  I missed updating a small section of script.  Its fixed now and should be much more stable.

Made a quick update to the revision.  Download link is the same.

I noticed an occassional issue that context menus on right-click would disable when used with other mods.  That was my fault!  I missed updating a small section of script.  Its fixed now and should be much more stable.

Hehe I just noticed that, too.  Nice one.

• 2 months later...

Even though it's not specifically made for Build 29, I did notice a problem in that build when the character wakes up.  When falling asleep in build 29, the screen fades out to black.  When waking up, visibility should be restored.  Unfortunately with sleeping overhaul active it remains black until the user exits to the main menu and reenters.  It may just be me having this issue, but I thought this was the appropriate place to post the issue, please correct me if needed! :) Thank you!

• 1 month later...

Even though it's not specifically made for Build 29, I did notice a problem in that build when the character wakes up.  When falling asleep in build 29, the screen fades out to black.  When waking up, visibility should be restored.  Unfortunately with sleeping overhaul active it remains black until the user exits to the main menu and reenters.  It may just be me having this issue, but I thought this was the appropriate place to post the issue, please correct me if needed! :) Thank you!

This. When sleeping or passing out the screen doesn't come back from black. Have to restart the game to get it back to normal. Which is how I now play the game lol.

Otherwise, LOVE the purpose of the mod. Adds some good intensity to the game. Any chance we can get a fix for this bug though? Kills the immersion in the game a bit when I always have to back out. Pretty please? :3

Hasn't worked in a full year as of December . . . time to let it go, guys. :)

What'chu talking about? Pravus updated the mod for us in Summer :P Worked fine then apparently.

We can only pray that he notices our cries for help and chooses to update the mod once more! Or pray that Robo does a little bit of coding...either or :D

• 8 months later...

Could anyone update this again? I really miss it.

Will take a look at it over the next couple of days. I'm not sure how much work it'll be to update it. I'd probably have to add tons of new sprites to the list of possible sleeping locations.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 2/18/2017 at 3:47 AM, RoboMat said:

Past me probably meant "Soon" in dragon years... maybe.

But could you maybe update it soon? I really adore the idea of sleeping until you're sleep bar is full, rather then sleeping the set amount each time. If you do choose to, could you maybe make it functional for split-screen? It would save a lot of time, and help out many people.

On 20.2.2017 at 3:48 AM, rockenman11 said:

But could you maybe update it soon? I really adore the idea of sleeping until you're sleep bar is full, rather then sleeping the set amount each time. If you do choose to, could you maybe make it functional for split-screen? It would save a lot of time, and help out many people.

I haven't been actively modding the game for quite some time now and with all the changes the game has undergone since the release of the mod it would probably need to be rewritten from scratch.

So I'm afraid I won't update it in the near future.

But of course if somebody wants to pick up the development of this mod they are free to do so.