Sleeping Overhaul (DOES NOT WORK WITH STEAM FFS)

RoboMat

Why am I so tired? My survivor has slept about 18 hours (4-5 at a time) for over a week straight and every time after waking up I am Very Tired so I go back to sleep, wake up and very tired, go back to sleep, tired, sleep, tired, sleep. But I'm still very tired when I wake up :(. And the pop-up says I'm fully rested when I wake up.

It's probably a bug. I encountered something similar while writing it but thought I had it fixed. Is it still there after restarting? (Usually it should be fixed and you should be able to sleep normally).

It is very strange that your character wakes up at all because he shouldn't until the fatigue is down ...

Any output in the console?

It's probably a bug. I encountered something similar while writing it but thought I had it fixed. Is it still there after restarting? (Usually it should be fixed and you should be able to sleep normally).

It is very strange that your character wakes up at all because he shouldn't until the fatigue is down ...

Any output in the console?

no output, well there was but not for the sleep mod, it was for the lockpicking, said No Valid Door.

I was no longer tired after restarting. :) 

Okay. Did the fatigue modal go down during sleeping or did it stay at the same level all the time? Also, did you pass out at some point before the issue occured?

The modal went down and away during sleep but popped right back up when I woke. I did pass out actually :P, I was running around looting and totally spaced about the stuff you changed :D and passed out in front of a horde of fifty zombies, luckily they didn't see me until I woke up and ran off. I was freaking out, why the screen just went black.!!

Awesome work man :).

Thanks Kinyoshi. I will take a look at it ... I might have an idea where the problem comes from. It's probably an issue where the "passing out" interferes with the normal "sleeping" ;)

EDIT: I can't replicate that bug, Kinyoshi. I also didn't find anything wrong with the code. Maybe the game had some "hiccup" and some of the mod-variables got stuck... well, as long as it can be fixed after restarting it's okay I guess ;)

I seen it mentioned before somewhere but it would be great to be able to set how much time you sleep. Maybe an alarm clock would wake you, or a wristwatch alarm, something like that. Okay, maybe having an annoying alarm sounding off and alerting near by zombies to your place of rest is not a good idea, but you get what i mean. Maybe i would want to set my alarm to wake up early to get a start on making that trip to the store, wharehouse, or police station. Just a thought.

collaborate or add a way to make coffee or get energy drinks or something similar ... and please do add a fixed time when you're character will pass out greater than 36 hrs (didn't get the chance to test it yet but it seems a fine mod ).

Sorry for my rusty English but i see the potential of the mod and just wanted to add my input.

I like this mod a lot, it should be added to the game in my opinion. An idea... perhaps your character can be woken up by gunshots/ other loud noises

Good idea - added to my "To-do" list :)

don't know how hard it would be but, maybe make sleeping right after drinking coffee nearly impossible? or with some downsides if you do try it?

How about drinking coffee removes some fatigue for a certain amount of time, but increases it even more after that? It's how drinking coffee affects me ^^

oooohhhh this mod is HOT HOT HOT

Thanks!

Robomat i Love this mod!

I was thinking the park ranger is a outdoors kinda person. should he get a higher comfort level for sleeping in tents?

And as a security guard i think they should get a comfort bonus for sleeping in chairs( As a former security guard i have lots of experience in this :) )

How about drinking coffee removes some fatigue for a certain amount of time, but increases it even more after that? It's how drinking coffee affects me ^^

:) maybe another possible feature could be 2 new traits? havy sleeper and light sleeper

those could affect how fast you will be awaken by certain events, as well as affect the speed at which you recover :o

and that could maybe even affect if coffee would affect you

Robomat i Love this mod!

I was thinking the park ranger is a outdoors kinda person. should he get a higher comfort level for sleeping in tents?

And as a security guard i think they should get a comfort bonus for sleeping in chairs( As a former security guard i have lots of experience in this :) )

Great ideas man! :)

Hey, Cool Mod! I hope this won't cost me my head one time.... Had to acclimatize to the Fact that i do need Sleep again  :oops:

Danke ;) Just watched your let's play with this mod ... it's funny seeing it played by others and how they react :D

:) maybe another possible feature could be 2 new traits? havy sleeper and light sleeper

those could affect how fast you will be awaken by certain events, as well as affect the speed at which you recover :o

and that could maybe even affect if coffee would affect you

Affect-ception :D

Okay. Did the fatigue modal go down during sleeping or did it stay at the same level all the time? Also, did you pass out at some point before the issue occured?

The modal went down and away during sleep but popped right back up when I woke. I did pass out actually :P, I was running around looting and totally spaced about the stuff you changed :D and passed out in front of a horde of fifty zombies, luckily they didn't see me until I woke up and ran off. I was freaking out, why the screen just went black.!!

Awesome work man :).

I finally experienced the same bug ... I'm working on fixing it for the next update :)

Updated to Version 1.1.0

• Normal sleeping reduces a small amount of unhappyness now
  • Awaking screaming from a nightmare might attract zombies (small radius)

=> make sure you don't go to bed panicked ;)

• Unhappyness & Panic affect the recuperation time of normal sleep now

=> Increased chance for nightmares

=> Mental health is kind of important now ;)

• Added custom traits to parkranger and security guard

=> Camping Enthusiast sleeps better in tents

=> Security Guard sleeps better on chairs

=> ! Icons are placeholders at the moment !

• Player regains a little bit more fatigue when passed out
  • Sleeping Overhaul now works for tents
  • FIXED: Mod doesn't change base files anymore.

=> Instead overwrites them when game is loaded

=> ISWorldObjectContextMenu.createMenu()

=> ISCampingMenu.doCampingMenu()

=> ISCampingMenu.onSleep()

• FIXED: Bug where the fatigue was reset after sleeping.
  • FIXED: Bug where player would sleep before walking to the object.
  • Some Code refactoring ...
Version 1.1.1
  • FIXED: Tent had wrong comfort level (whoops)

Um, maybe it's just me, but my download isn't working. Or at least, I'm not downloading a .zip.

What I download is a 25.8 kb file named "Sleeping" the type of file is literally just "file". Can someone confirm/fix this for me?

Um, maybe it's just me, but my download isn't working. Or at least, I'm not downloading a .zip.

What I download is a 25.8 kb file named "Sleeping" the type of file is literally just "file". Can someone confirm/fix this for me?

I actually downloaded it right before you posted, and again after. It downloaded fine for me. Try adding the .zip to the file. Sometimes when downloading stuff (Using Opera Browser) it does that to me, downloading it without the extension.

Have you tried deleting the file and downloading again?

Sorry RoboMat if I have intruded. :P