Can lacerations be sutured?

Its_geno

Lacerations seem to cause pretty intense blood loss, and I cannot seem to suture it despite trying every conceivable way. I even disabled all my mods and started a new save to test it. I tried right clicking the injury in the health menu, equipping the suture needle and holder in my hands, and right clicking both items in my main inventory (all with items in main inv.) Are lacerations simply not suturable, is there something else I'm missing, is it bugged?

You can only suture deep wounds. I've always thought the same thing, I'm Spanish, and maybe it's because of the translation but "Laceración", which is how it is translated, always sounds something more serious than what the game seems to represent.

Solo puedes suturar heridas profundas. Yo siempre he pensado lo mismo, soy español, y quizas sea por la traduccion pero "Laceración", que es como se traduce, siempre suena algo mas grave de lo que el juego parece representar. 

Ah I see, y gracias. Laceration does sound more serious than what the game seems to reflect in English too--- literally meaning "deep cut or tear".

You can only suture deep wounds. I've always thought the same thing, I'm Spanish, and maybe it's because of the translation but "Laceración", which is how it is translated, always sounds something more serious than what the game seems to represent.

Solo puedes suturar heridas profundas. Yo siempre he pensado lo mismo, soy español, y quizas sea por la traduccion pero "Laceración", que es como se traduce, siempre suena algo mas grave de lo que el juego parece representar. 

18 hours ago, bukazoid said:

pérdida de sangre, sí, pero se cura en un par de días. solo desinfecte y vendajes limpios (tal vez algo del botiquín de primeros auxilios)

No te recomiendo desinfectarte ni usar vendas esterilizadas para curar la herida, es mas eficiente cambiar siempre la venda nada mas este sucia. Tengo la creencia de que la infección viene dada sobre todo por no tener las vendas limpias siempre. Además me he infectado una herida muchas veces y ahí con aplicar vendas esterilizadas curas la infección y el alcohol es un bien escaso. Es solo mi consejo, además si tienes problemas por ser descuidado con las heridas te recomiendo la habilidad de Herborista ya que puedes hacer una tipo de cataplasma con el mortero a nivel muy bajo para desinfectar las heridas que funciona bastante bien.

I do not recommend disinfecting or using sterile bandages to heal the wound, it is more efficient to always change the bandage as soon as it is dirty. I believe that infection is mostly caused by not always having clean bandages. I have also infected a wound many times and there by applying sterile bandages you cure the infection and alcohol is a scarce commodity. That's just my advice, also if you have problems for being careless with the wounds I recommend the Herbalist skill because you can make a kind of poultice with the mortar at very low level to disinfect the wounds that works quite well.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

• 1 month later...

Archived