build 41 crashing on character creation screen

jesusRchrist

Question

so, i've been playing the earlier version very smoothly for some time, recently got into mods, too. that worked very good, and i decided to try that new build 'cause i was unknowingly playing the early game. i'm new, by the way

anyways, my game freezes every time i get to the character creation screen without fail. only then, no problems up until that point, and i can even click past it and skip to the game, but of course i freeze after clicking in. i guess it's a problem with the character model, but i dunno what

..i uninstalled it multiple times, cleared all the files, removed all mods. i tried the earlier version again, worked pristine, yet build 41 n iwbums dont lemme get past the character screen. mind you, i can pick out my traits n' stuff without fail, but i can do NOTHING on the next screen

1 answer to this question

Can you go to "C:\Users\YourUserName\Zomboid" and attach the "logs.zip" file found there to your next message? So we can check the error logs and see what causes that.
Also, can you tell us your system specifications? To make sure that they fulfill the minimum requirements for build 41 (the requirements increased since 40 due to the model and animation additions)

Archived