• "Evolution", NecroForge.lua, NecroList.lua & UI - 10/07/15
    •  Added Debug Functions
    •  Added a way to spawn any item
    •  Added a way to control the amount of spawned items
    •  Added a way to spawn zombie(s)
    •  Fixed icons not working right for mod items added to NF through plug-ins

Description of New Features: 
0YhojG9.png

What you see above is pretty much all the new stuff, you can find those functions in their own category by clicking the Puzzle piece on the left. Brief description of what the functions do can be found below.

1:
You can spawn any item by entering it's Module.ItemID into the search bar and pressing the small anvil button to the left of it. It is case sensitive, example Base.Axe will spawn an axe, it will work with mod items. You can find mod item's module and ids in the mod's script files usually located in C:\Users\YourUsername\Zomboid\mods\Modfolder\media\scripts for non-workshop mods or C:\Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\108600\MODIDNUMBER\mods\ModFolder\media\scripts for Workshop mods.

2: 

This warning button will appear if the currently set Spawn Amount is greater than 1, pressing it will reset it back to 1.

3: 

This warning button will appear if you have any debug functions like Noclip, Stat Freeze or Creative Enabled, pressing it will disable them all.

Functions: Activate by Double Clicking or selecting one and clicking the Forge button.
Function - Player Stat Freeze - Basically it's God Mode, you become invulnerable and all stats are frozen. Activate again to toggle off.
Function - Player Stat Reset - Resets all moodles back to zero, things like hungry, sleepy, exertion etc.
Function - Player Restore Health - Removes all injuries, cures infection and restores maximum health.
Function - Spawn Amount 0-100 - Sets the amount of items that will be spawned into your inventory.
Function - Spawn Zombie(s) - Will spawn zombies near the player, the amount of spawned zombies depends on the current Spawn Amount, Tip: don't spawn many zombies without Noclip enabled.
Function - Toggle Creative Mode - Allows you to build anything without having required skill or materials.
Function - Toggle Noclip Mode - Allows you to walk through trees and zombies at super fast speed. Also makes you invisible to zombies.

Download from PZ-Mods

Mod Item Lists: For use with Spawn by Module.ItemID feature.
Hydrocraft 4.1

ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod 1.242

Project Zomboid IWBUMS Build 33.2 - NecroList will be updated soon, still, all items in PZ are here.
PM me if you want a list for a certain mod to be added/updated and I'll make/update one.

No reason why it wouldn't. But keep in mind, items from mods won't appear in the UI unless someone makes a plug-in. You can input any item's module and id into the search bar and use the button on the left of it to spawn any item from any mod.

For Hydrocraft items the module would be Hydrocraft so for example, if you type Hydrocraft.HCRabbitmale into the search bar and press the small anvil button to the left of search bar it will spawn Rabbit (Male) item into your inventory. Keep in mind that it is case sensitive so using hydrocraft.hcrabbitmale instead of Hydrocraft.HCRabbitmale won't work.

Edit: Added some mod item lists to a post above.

• 2 months later...

Is there a better way to look for items without typing things like Hydrocraft.HCRabbitmale into the search bar if they are modded?

Unfortunately, no. Unless someone makes a plug-in for that Mod, which would take a while and would need to be updated.

I honestly did it in the easiest possible way using the tools that NF had to offer already, I cannot make it any easier, the list of Hydrocraft items (In the Update Post Above) is a bit out of date but I can update it it you want. It will remain the easiest way of doing things for now.

Edit: NecroForge before needed plug-ins, it couldn't just spawn an item that wasn't on the NecroList.lua, trust me when I say, if I could, NF would have all items from all currently loaded mods in the UI because that would make Debugging my own mods a lot easier for me. I added the feature in question to both reduce the effect of NecroList being out of date and remove the need to create plug ins for people who just use NF to test their mod items.

I agree with the original spirit of NF being a primarily a debugging tool rather than a cheat tool, it's how I myself predominately use it, even with the addition of functions, I added them because It helps me debug my mods or PZ itself so I can report bugs.

I will also admit that I'm an idiot when it comes to coding and things could probably be done more efficiently but I'm doing my best with what little I know, if I knew a way to do something more/better, I would get it done.

hi I'm not sure if this is the right thread but I have a problem with necroforge. I installed it in the right directory and everything and I also have a few other mods (steam workshop) including the cheaterman and more edibles (without littering) by svarog. When I try to start a new game it always crashes  with the following console text at the end (btw I'm on IWBUMS 33.10):

STATE: exit zombie.gameStates.GameLoadingState
1 players found
player 0 is mouse
PLAYER DATA OFFSET 0
createInventoryInterface player=0
loot inv created
loot all visible
context menu created
context menu initialised
context menu added
STATE: enter zombie.gameStates.IngameState
Init ISContextManager
Adding Edibles Items to NecroForge

this is with cheaterman mod disabled (otherwise the line bofere the last is "adding cheateritems to necroforge")

and then it just crashes with nothing else. Now first time it happened I removed necroforge from my mod folder and reloaded the game twice (just to mainmenu) and reloaded the other mods. but when I tried to start a new game with necroforge gone from modloader it still crashed with the same last lines at the end.
I hope someone can help me with this I really would love to use necroforge.

snippy snip

Have you tried disabling More Edibles, along with all other mods just to make sure if it's not some other mod? It's really the first thing to do when the game crashes.

I've never seen anything like this happen and I'm always using plenty of mods by various authors, just about everything I ever made and NecroForge. All in Build 33.10 without a problem. Hell look at my loaded.txt

SVGWeaponNerfSVGTraitReactivatorspraypaintSVGPouchNecroForgeSVGZombieLootSVGLitteringSVGInsectGourmetSVGGunmanTraitcomRichcppExpirationFoodSVGPetRatSVGLetsTestRandomStuffSVGMorphineSVGCheatermanSVGHairColorCanningEssentials

Those shouldn't have issues working together, just to be sure I checked with More Edibles too and it worked. Unless you're using the More Edibles Plug-In for Littering, didn't test for that, that "mod" cannot function without Littering, there is a separate More Edibles on the Workshop that is self contained.

Edit: NF should also work with Hydrocraft and ORMtnMan's Real Guns Mod fine, I checked.

okay so I installed a new vanilla game and started adding mods one at a time starting with necroforge to rule out the broken one. Everything seems fine now though. NF works with all the mods I have now, I guess I had something on there earlier that was broken. Anyway thanks for the help and for your awesome mods Svarog!  :)

• 2 weeks later...

:o I can't believe you figured out that mess  :lol:

nice one Svarog  ;)

Hey, Welcome back!

I wouldn't say I figured it out really, I still don't understand how most of it works. What little I did figure out I only expanded a bit with what little pieces of knowledge and understanding I do have. Still, thanks ;)

Also, Thank you for creating NF in the first place, it has been invaluable when debugging my own mods, confirming bugs for the tracker and having fun, it's a great tool and it's been fun for me to be able to maintain and expand it a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Question to NF users, would you rather have a function that adds EXP (Customizable amount) points to any given skill or would your rather have it just max a skill out?

or maybe nobody wants that in which case, I'll just keep it to myself.

Edit: Hell, anyone want it to do anything beyond what it does? I won't guarantee it will but I'll take suggestions.

Question to NF users, would you rather have a function that adds EXP (Customizable amount) points to any given skill or would your rather have it just max a skill out?

or maybe nobody wants that in which case, I'll just keep it to myself.

Edit: Hell, anyone want it to do anything beyond what it does? I won't guarantee it will but I'll take suggestions.

I would go with the first one, that way you can still max out if you want but don't have to if you'd rather just have a boost 

NecroForge 1.6 is ready...

• "Expansion", NecroForge.lua, NecroList.lua & UI - 01/19/16
    •  Added Skill Experience Boost Functions
    •  Functions get their own category buttons on the right
    •  Included all Build 33 Items into the NecroList [Radios, TVs, WalkieTalkies, Herbalist Stuff]

Nothing big this time, just an expansion of both NecroList with the new Build 33 items and of the Functions I brought with the last update. I placed them in their own categories so it wasn't too messy and so you could more easily access the ones you need at any given moment.

A note on the Experience Boosters, they don't instantly level a skill up they add 100 EXP points to it multiplied by the Experience Modifier and further Multiplied by the Currently Set Spawn Amount so it's easy to both level up a bit and a lot depending on what you currently need.

Other than that everything works like it did in the last version.

Download from PZ-Mods

• 1 month later...

NecroForge 1.7 for IWBUMS Build 34 - 13.03.2016

I'm posting this for those who are using the IWBUMS beta branch, I updated the NecroList with Build 34 items and removed the ones that no longer exist to prevent errors from popping up. Until the Build 34 is in IWBUMS this version will only be downloadable from MediaFire link provided below. Consider this a beta version for a beta Build.

There is some new stuff too, mainly in the functions department. [Functions are explained in detail in this post]

New Functions - Debug

Function - Toggle DBG Health

Allows the player to give himself or remove any injuries from the Health Menu

Function - Toggle DBG Farming

Allows the player to control the plants growth and water levels, when enabled just right click on your crops and make them grow if you want.

New Functions - Control

Function - Toggle Remove Mode

It's more for the advanced users but it allows the player to remove items completely from their inventory (and the game) via typing it's ItemID (Without the module) into NF's search bar and clicking the Remove button on the left of it (Spawn Anything button turns into Remove button when Remove Mode is enabled) In the future I'll try to make this less complicated but no promises. For now it looks like this.
oAv4m1S.png

NEW VERSION DOWNLOAD IN THE POST BELOW

Edit: By the way, on a side note, whatever the devs did in Build 34 when it comes to rendering stuff seems to have fixed the massive framerate issues when NF is displaying "all" category so yeah... that's nice isn't it? At the very least it doesn't drop the framerate to ~10 anymore.

Edited by Svarog

Small Update - NecroForge 1.7a for IWBUMS Build 34 - 14.03.2016

In last post I said I'll try to make it easier to remove items, I did, there is now a button for it under the "Forge" button. I also removed the ability to spawn some obsolete items along with Keys/Padlocks from the UI because not only won't they work right when spawned by NF, they cause a ton of errors in the UI itself.

Changes:
- Removed more broken/obsolete base game items from UI

- Cleaned up NecroList.lua file

- Dedicated "Remove" button

Works like the opposite of "Forge" button, will delete whatever you have currently selected in the NF UI from your inventory. If you have set a certain Spawn Amount it will remove as many of the item as the current spawn amount dictates.

Edit: You can still toggle delete mode and remove any item that's not in the UI in the way described in the post above if you'll need to.

Hotfix - NecroForge 1.7b for IWBUMS Build 34 - 15.03.2016

Of course the last version had bugs, because I'm an idiot and didn't properly test every single thing and press every single button 5 times.

Changes:
- Fixed "Remove from Favorites" button that I broke

- Fixed Debug Flags not being properly enabled/disabled

- Fixed "Remove Anything" didn't remove multiple items

- Cleaned the code up a bit.

DOWNLOAD ON PAGE 10

Edited by Svarog
Bug Hotfix

• 2 weeks later...

Do you have any idea why NecroForge doesn't work on the map I've made? It's just a couple of the community-made maps merged into one mod so I can play them all on singleplayer, and the icon doesn't appear like it should. NecroForge and the maps are the only things enabled also.

Edited by Digitaltomato

5 hours ago, Digitaltomato said:

Do you have any idea why NecroForge doesn't work on the map I've made? It's just a couple of the community-made maps merged into one mod so I can play them all on singleplayer, and the icon doesn't appear like it should. NecroForge and the maps are the only things enabled also.

Nope, no idea why that would happen. Can you activate it with ~ key? (It's above Tab on most keyboards)

25 minutes ago, Digitaltomato said:

I tried that also, but unfortunately it doesn't work :(. I've attached the console.txt from loading up a singleplayer game with just these two mods.

console.txt

There is an error but it comes from the Map mod, I honestly don't know why it breaks NF. IF you can/want PM me a link to that mod, I'll try it on my PC and see if I can get them both to run.

• nasKo locked this topic