NecroForge (OUTDATED)

ZedHead

Well no rush, its not like i use padlocks that much.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/4mcyajmz61tsw6r/NecroForge+1.3+Build+32.7z

Here's a completionist version with normal keys, padlocks and padlock keys. I cannot guarantee they will work after being spawned, like I said, some items require additional variables to work right and unfortunately when spawned those vars default to zero making keys broken :/

Edit: as for charcoal, I forgot to fix it now :S sorry, I'll put it on the list of my to-do stuff, the item works though, yes?

If you want the thread author changed to Svarog so he can edit the OP, report the post so a mod can take care of it.

Well I'm not too sure, I wish there was a way to share a post but in order to do that I would need to make a new account and share the info with someone. I'm stubborn to say the least and would like to hold onto the mod to see if others would like to help contribute to keeping it alive. In the near future here I'll just make it require credit only but till then I want it to only be available to those who ask me since I hold this project very close to my heart. Hope you understand nasKo. R4eaov0.gif

If you want the thread author changed to Svarog so he can edit the OP, report the post so a mod can take care of it.

Well I'm not too sure, I wish there was a way to share a post but in order to do that I would need to make a new account and share the info with someone. I'm stubborn to say the least and would like to hold onto the mod to see if others would like to help contribute to keeping it alive. In the near future here I'll just make it require credit only but till then I want it to only be available to those who ask me since I hold this project very close to my heart. Hope you understand nasKo. R4eaov0.gif

Deffo :)

Much love

can anyone show to how to make a Necroforge support file for other mods?

Create a file media/lua/client/<yourmodid>_necroForgeSupport.lua with the following content:

Events.OnGameStart.Add( function ()  print ("Adding NecroForge for <myModID>");  if NecroList then    if not NecroList.Items.FooBarItem then      NecroList.Items.FooBarItem = {"Misc.", nil, nil, "Foobar item", "itemmodule.itemid", "FoobarItemTexture", nil, nil, nil};    end  endend

For a more thorough example you can check how I did it with the spraypaint mod:

https://github.com/blind-coder/pz-spraypaint/blob/master/media/lua/client/spraypaint_necroForgeSupport.lua

can anyone show to how to make a Necroforge support file for other mods?

Create a file media/lua/client/<yourmodid>_necroForgeSupport.lua with the following content:

Events.OnGameStart.Add( function ()  print ("Adding NecroForge for <myModID>");  if NecroList then    if not NecroList.Items.FooBarItem then      NecroList.Items.FooBarItem = {"Misc.", nil, nil, "Foobar item", "itemmodule.itemid", "FoobarItemTexture", nil, nil, nil};    end  endend

For a more thorough example you can check how I did it with the spraypaint mod:

https://github.com/blind-coder/pz-spraypaint/blob/master/media/lua/client/spraypaint_necroForgeSupport.lua

Kind of figured it out already, but thank anyway

• 3 weeks later...

Update 1.4 - 30.07.15 - NecroRepairs
- Once again, NecroForge can be the end of those who use it recklessly ;)
- Fixed missing/broken UI buttons for pinning and closing

- Added a new "Electronics" category for all electronic items.

- Fixed as many missing item Icons as I could.

Known Issues:
- Using many mod plug-ins can cause weird graphical glitches due to NF having to render too many items at the same time (Applies only when selected Category is "All")

Download: Mediafire Download

Download on pz-mods and the OP should be updated soon.

NF has been updated...
  • "Fresh meat", NecroForge.lua, NecroList.lua, sounds, & ui  - 7/31/15
    • Once again, NecroForge can be the end of those who use it recklessly
    • Fixed missing/broken UI buttons for pinning and closing
    • Added a new "Electronics" category for all electronic items
    • Fixed as many missing item Icons as possible
    • Revamped sounds for: opening NF for the first time, spawning an item, and switching a category
      • (There are some issues... Using multiple mod plug-ins can cause weird graphical glitches due to NF having to render too many items at the same time (Applies only when selected Category is "All")

Huge thanks goes to Svarog WvIAuQK.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I was testing a recipe with a Stone in it. The stone that NecroForge spawned for me was 1.5 weight and not the correct 0.3 base item. Just figured I should report it here? Or somewhere else? (I am a modding noob)

Thanks for reporting that, NF spawned the stone from camping.txt script file I'll make sure to fix that.

Hey question... I'm working on my first mod and using this to test - and my icons aren't appearing? They work on the actual items, and I checked that the name matches the file, but somehow I get the question-mark instead of my stuff.

My file looks like this: 

Events.OnGameStart.Add( function ()	print ("Adding NerdCulture Items to NecroForge");	if NecroList then		-- Comic Books --		if NecroList.Items.ComicZMen then		else			NecroList.Items.ComicZMen = {"Literature", nil, nil, "Z-Men Comic", "nerdCulture.ComicZMen", "Item_ComicZMen", nil, nil, nil};		end		if NecroList.Items.ComicWalkingZed1 then		else			NecroList.Items.ComicWalkingZed = {"Literature", nil, nil, "Walking Zed Comic", "nerdCulture.ComicWalkingZed1", "Item_ComicWalkingZed1", nil, nil, nil};		end		if not NecroList.Items.ComicWalkingZed2 then			NecroList.Items.ComicWalkingZed2 = {"Literature", nil, nil, "Walking Zed Comic", "nerdCulture.ComicWalkingZed2", "Item_ComicWalkingZed2", nil, nil, nil};		end		if not NecroList.Items.ComicWalkingZed3 then			NecroList.Items.ComicWalkingZed3 = {"Literature", nil, nil, "Walking Zed Comic", "nerdCulture.ComicWalkingZed3", "Item_ComicWalkingZed3", nil, nil, nil};		end	endend)

And all four refuse to show the right icon. (Sidenote, why is everyone using an else instead of if-not? Is there a technical reason or is it just a preference?) 

snip

Well if you want the Icon for custom items to work then unfortunately you'll have to type in the entire path to it.

media/textures/Item_IconName.png

You must use / symbol between directories and you must add the .png at the end

NecroList.Items.ComicWalkingZed3 = {"Literature", nil, nil, "Walking Zed Comic", "nerdCulture.ComicWalkingZed3", "media/textures/Item_ComicWalkingZed3.png", nil, nil, nil};

I'll try and see if I can get rid of the need to do that but no promises.

EDIT: Lulz, I just fixed it (5 minutes after I posted) so it won't require the full path anymore :S It was easier than I expected, you can just wait for new version and your code will work correctly.

• 3 weeks later...

I've messed around a bit trying to add Hydrocraft items to the Necro list, but I haven't gotten anything to work. Can someone please help me? I don't have much exp working with coding so the simpler the better. Thanks a lot.

Necroforge is a great mod, thanks for all the hard work peoples!

You can do one of two things, either take blindcoders code as a base or straight up edit NecroList.lua.

If you want to add some items for personal use and you're not aiming to create a plug-in to share with others the best bet would be to edit NecroList.

You can find NecroList in C:\Users\USERNAME\Zomboid\mods\NecroForge\media\lua\client

Adding items should be easy

Go to the bottom of the code, and under the last item (Which might look like this

Cooked_Dead_Rat =                       {"Food", nil, nil, "Dead Rat (Cooked)", "Base.DeadRat", "Item_DeadRatCooked", nil, nil, nil, "Cooked"},

add Hydrocraft items below it in the same format. Example.

ItemNameCanBeANything =                       {"CATEGORY", nil, nil, "ITEM NAME DISPLAYED IN NF", "Module.ItemID", "Item_IconName", nil, nil, nil},

CATEGORY can be "Weapons", "Ammunition", "Misc.", "Clothing", "Literature", "Camping", "Food", "Drink", "Farming", "Bags", "Carpentry", "Cooking", "Medicine", "Electronics",

ITEM NAME DISPLAYED IN NF - Can be anything you want to be displayed in NF

Module.ItemID - for Hydrocraft items Module would be Hydrocraft, item ID you can find in the HC item scripts. IT IS CASE SENSITIVE.

Item_Iconname - Use the same thing the item uses as Icon in the script, it doesn't work right now but as soon as ZedHead decides to update it will.

Thanks for the lightspeed reply! =)

I will give this a go. It doesn't sound too difficult to add a few items. I'll let you know how it turns out lol!

EDIT:

Very easy; I got one item successfully added and it only took a couple mins! xD

Much thanks for the clear and descript instructions!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Svarog, would you mind adding the following snippet to NecroForge so it supports my Toolbar mod:

if getActivatedMods():contains("bcToolbar") then  if getActivatedMods():contains("NecroForge") then    require("BCUI/bcToolbar");    Events.OnGameStart.Add(function()      bcToolbar.moveButtonToToolbar(_G.NecroPorthole, "NecroForge")    end);  endend

It would have to go after NecroPorthole got initialised.

• 2 weeks later...

Does this mod work?? Has it been updated at all?? I cant seem to get it to work

It should work just fine with the current version of Project Zomboid and I kept it updated with the latest items.

Once you download Necro Forge extract the folder contained within the downloaded archive to C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\Zomboid\mods then, once in-game you need to activate it in the Mods menu by double clicking on it. Once you load up your save you can activate NF by either pressing the ~ button on your keyboard or clicking on NF button that will be on the lower right of your PZ window at all times.

I have no idea how to do coding, but I have recognized the potential with a few other mods to make characters, just to make things more fun. BUT I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO DO CODING so i can add items from other mods into the list.

Adding items to NecroList.lua should be pretty straightforward, just use what's there already as a base. I have explained how to add a new item to NecroList above. However, you won't be able to share it as it's own mod. You are however free to take blindocoders advice on how to use his code and create a NF plug-in that will add new items.

Currently custom icons will not work (easily) but I have that fixed for a future update, the next update will also bring the functionality to spawn any item in the game by providing a Module and ItemID as well as some other forfunanddebugging features.

• nasKo locked this topic