NecroForge (OUTDATED)

ZedHead

Its just a matter of extracting the NecroForge folder into the mods folder....

So the file layout should look like this:

....\Users\....\Zomboid\mods\NecroForge\media\ 

- lua

- sound

- ui

If that doesn't help please check out this thread on How To Install / Uninstall Mods

:)

• 2 weeks later...

It doesnt work for me, I installed correctly and I activated it on the menu but in-game it doesnt show any on-screen button so I guess its not working.

Build 25

We're well aware of this and I've labeled NF as build 23 for this reason. I make sure NF works for each build and test it for each new build that comes into testing so no worries, the next update which Excentric has got covered will most likely fix this. For now you'll just have to play on build 23 or beta in order to use NF in-game.

If anyone REALLY wants NecroForge for Build 25, you can re-arrange the lua files so it looks like this:

....\Users\....\Zomboid\mods\NecroForge\media\lua\server\

- NecroForge.lua

- NecroList.lua

Just move those 2 files into the new folder called "server"

I wont upload a Build 25+ version until I have made a way to control Multiplayer usage, so it can just wait until I have finished the new updates for NF :)

If anyone REALLY wants NecroForge for Build 25, you can re-arrange the lua files so it looks like this:

....\Users\....\Zomboid\mods\NecroForge\media\lua\server\

- NecroForge.lua

- NecroList.lua

Just move those 2 files into the new folder called "server"

I wont upload a Build 25+ version until I have made a way to control Multiplayer usage, so it can just wait until I have finished the new updates for NF :)

Thanks. :)

I wont upload a Build 25+ version until I have made a way to control Multiplayer usage

It'll be trivial for anyone to bypass whatever measures you implement. Until we have less trusted clients and possibly some sort of proper signature mechanism, any effort put into stopping people from running your scripts in multiplayer seems wasted.

It'll be trivial for anyone to bypass whatever measures you implement. Until we have less trusted clients and possibly some sort of proper signature mechanism, any effort put into stopping people from running your scripts in multiplayer seems wasted.

Yes & No.... I was thinking for the short term I could use a similar system to the laststand initialisation to disable NecroForge in multiplayer fullstop (though i dont know if gameMode returns anything different for Multi just yet) then at a later date add server host options as another condition for initialisation so that NecroForge can be enabled by the host for testing purposes.

Anyone who could get around that must have a decent understanding of PZ modding or programming, in which case, if they want to hack Multi.... they will make a way to hack Multi....

At least my hands will be clean :)

• 3 weeks later...

Well its a shocker to see my dear friend Excentric was banned. I didn't hear a word till I read for myself, This being NF may or may not be at its end. I sure as hell can't program but lets just hope he gets back from his ban if not then NF will be closed and will not have any further updates to add onto the recent versions of PZ. That concludes our little development update I suppose lets just hope he gets back because we had lots planned. waF1Tok.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Also for anyone who doesn't know, the drip irrigation mod, has a necroforge support file that gives you a template for adding custom item content to necroforge so if you like it and want to add stuff from other mods to be available in necroforge, it is really easy.

I have the files in my lua/client folder though, I have not tried out things on the multiplayer yet, so maybe it needs to be in server for it to work on a multiplayer game..

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys

i survived the button and killed all the zombies

nvm my game crashed and i died

Sorry to say you're not the first to kill them. I beat ya to it long before NF was released. Nice work though, we'll see about making that harder to survive.   :P

One word. Sprinters... You're welcome.

• 2 weeks later...

What about the code that allows only admins to use the mod or else it will kill the user ?

i think you got the wrong thread.....

Im actually quoting your code for this xD 

well when i read up he need to stop players from using this in multiplayer so being admin only would be great.

Love how you work on this mod!  ;-)

i said what i said because it isnt  a part of this mod, nore did i see anything about it in the posts.

and i have code that kills anyone who uses it on my server and a couple others so.....

but hey maybe your not even talking to me no context makes things a bit abstract in forums.

• 6 months later...