NecroForge (OUTDATED)

ZedHead

i've been adding items from different mods to the list for a while now, mostly it's working fine, but sometimes i add an item (like fishing rod from the fishing mod) and it appears in the list but when i click on it nothing happens  :shock: any idea what could be causing this?

this is the line i added     FishingRod =    {"Misc.", nil, nil, "Fishing Rod", "Base.FishingRod", "Item_FishingRod", nil, nil, nil}

i've been adding items from different mods to the list for a while now, mostly it's working fine, but sometimes i add an item (like fishing rod from the fishing mod) and it appears in the list but when i click on it nothing happens  :shock: any idea what could be causing this?

this is the line i added     FishingRod =    {"Misc.", nil, nil, "Fishing Rod", "Base.FishingRod", "Item_FishingRod", nil, nil, nil}

its the wrong module reference, if you open up fishingitems.txt you will see that up the top it says module fishing.... That means its in the fishing module not the Base module. Change Base.FishingRod to fishing.FishingRod & it should work :)

its the wrong module reference, if you open up fishingitems.txt you will see that up the top it says module fishing.... That means its in the fishing module not the Base module. Change Base.FishingRod to fishing.FishingRod & it should work :)

works like a charm, and thanks for explaining the 'base' thing, now all mods items work  :D

Updated and fixed the previous bugs while adding a few missed items into the list. Be sure to give us a heads up if I missed anything on the list or if you encounter a bug that needs squashed by EcentriCreation.

• "Fixed & buffed", NecroForge.lua, & NecroList.lua -1/20/14
    • Added a new UI button for the screen
    • Fixed all search bar bugs (most likely...)
    • Fixed small console error involving NecroForge.lua
    • Added "Garbage Bag" and other items I missed after a PZ update

As a side update EcentriCreation has decided to see if he can make another addition to the mod for adding more custom items from other mods into the NF spawner. This will be in another download in the "Download(s)" list if any of you would like to add items easier. Although we're not too sure if it'll be separate or not so we'll see. I'm just wanting to keep all of the mod users updated along side us as EcentriCreation and I develop the mod more. 

Great ! I'll try the new version, good job on improving an almost perfect mod :)

But should not every modder add its own items to the NecroList himself, using a simple onGameStart event within a necroForgeMyMod.lua ? Because with one huge external list, what if we only need half of it ? :D

Or did you mean to separate the vanilla list (the variable) of necroForge from the one modders would use ? I'm obviously confused :P

Great ! I'll try the new version, good job on improving an almost perfect mod :)

But should not every modder add its own items to the NecroList himself, using a simple onGameStart event within a necroForgeMyMod.lua ? Because with one huge external list, what if we only need half of it ? :D

Or did you mean to separate the vanilla list (the variable) of necroForge from the one modders would use ? I'm obviously confused :P

Just a new table that will get merged with NecroList onGameStart. I will write NecroForge to merge the new list which will be empty until modders add new items to it, rather than NecroList itself.... I'm just worried about people loosing the items they've added to NecroList when ZedHead updates it.

But hey, if people think its unnecessary I'll just try writing the parzer again.... Its hard to motivate myself because I tried when I first started working on the mod & failed.... Still don't know if its possible  :unsure:

EDIT:

Its not really a new version, just that new vanilla items have been added & some "bugs" have been fixed :)

Oh got it, it's in case you add items to the list inside the necroForge mod folder. I never do that, I use a file in my mod instead that check for the mod list on game start. But you never have too much options, so two lists are fine too, it gives choice to people :)

I got a problem the mod doesnt appear in my mods area in game i put the necro in the mods folder and removed two old ones but they stayed in game the necro doesnt appear any idea whats going on? 

Since you download a .zip file It creates a second file after extracting it thus leading to having "NecroForge/NecroForge/(etc...)" having the file within the file causes the mod to fail. So all you need to do is separate the two then take the one with the files "media, mod, & poster" and place it in the Zomboid mods section. Sorry if this is hard to understand from my words. If this doesn't work go into your Zomboid file and into the lua section. In there you need to delete NecroEchos this clears your saved favorite list in NF and can fix some NF problems.

well i completely deleted the zomboid folder and redownloaded zomboid andre-installed the mod now all i get is a black screen and a crash but i presume thats just a bug or something cause the music still plays 

Erm... I told you to delete NecroEchos in the Zomboid folder under lua not the whole folder. I'm not quite sure what happened with the black screen but I would suggest looking at the console for details.

no i deleted the folder to get rid of all my previous mods (toomanyitems and tommyguns) cause they still appeared in the game mods menu and they continue to do so and i got no idea why and btwi i dont get zip files i get RaR so all i need do is pull the file out of it and i did put it in the mods folder its chilling there but nothings happening :P so i have no idea whats happening

no i deleted the folder to get rid of all my previous mods (toomanyitems and tommyguns) cause they still appeared in the game mods menu and they continue to do so and i got no idea why and btwi i dont get zip files i get RaR so all i need do is pull the file out of it and i did put it in the mods folder its chilling there but nothings happening :P so i have no idea whats happening

NecroForge works in the same manner as any other Mods for the most recent releases of PZ, if your having trouble installing Mods there are other topics around on the subject....

The only issues I've heard of from Mods not deactivating is if the Mod wasn't deactivated inside PZ before deleting their data, this can be fixed by deleting their IDs from "loaded.txt" in "....\Users\....\Zomboid\mods\"

If thats the folder that you extracted the NecroForge folder to.... I have no idea whats going on :huh:

Other than that, the only other thing I can suggest is to COMPLETELY re-install PZ by both removing from steam & deleting the whole "Zomboid" folder from your users directory, installing PZ again & starting from scratch.... If that doesnt work you may want to start another topic elsewhere in the forums to get help from one of the moderators or someone with more experience troubleshooting Mod related problems :)

yeahhh theres nothing inside of that loaders thing and that second option has alrady been done 

no i deleted the folder to get rid of all my previous mods (toomanyitems and tommyguns) cause they still appeared in the game mods menu and they continue to do so and i got no idea why

Well obviously....  :mellow:

I'm not having any problems with it, Zeds not having any problems with it.... No one else who uses the Mod is having any problems with it. So it stands to reason that its either your OS (we're both windows) or how you have "installed" it....

Hope you can get it to work.... Did you try the 3rd option? :)

Try this too 

i installed it through steam once it came out for it XD well then i've tried all three options and still no luck MEH luckily im playing on sandbox with no zeds and loot set to abundent XD let the fun begin

oh you little shits guys after some looking about my pc i finally found it the mod folder that had the mods was inside of my users area not my program files .-. ignore everything i may finally get this working but thanks for the help none the less

i installed it through steam once it came out for it XD well then i've tried all three options and still no luck MEH luckily im playing on sandbox with no zeds and loot set to abundent XD let the fun begin

oh you little shits guys after some looking about my pc i finally found it the mod folder that had the mods was inside of my users area not my program files .-. ignore everything i may finally get this working but thanks for the help none the less

So the whole time this was your fault for not knowing how the mod directory worked with PZ.  1tC55zB.gif

Eya fellas from NecroForge, been looking to try this out for a while but never got to it...

I finally installed it yesterday as i needed some quick acces to items for debugging purposes, worked like a charm.

Very nice job guys!

One little thing i noticed, maybe mentioned already, but if you start the game in a 800x600 window for example, and then expand the gamewindow full screen the mod icon doesnt recalc its position.

Besides that i havent experienced any bugs yet.

Gonna keep this mod active as its great for debugging as well.

• nasKo locked this topic