Long list of ideas

Derpy Prince

Here is my edited list of ideas.

The reason I edited it is because most of the ideas i stated were already planned or mentioned on this forum the ideas were: Charging attacks, amputation, vehicles, campfires, animals, just more so here is a edited list.

Throwing weapons

Throwing weapons kinda explains itself *for me* it goes like this: you throw the weapon you hit or miss and, if you have a higher skill at throwing you have more of a chance to hit, but you have to go pick up because you threw it.... Yep thats it with combat now on with body parts and zombification visuals on you character model.

How you will look during zombification

As the zombie infection spreads throughout your body your character will begin to experience visual changes. Your character will turn whiter (or greener if you want it to be green) as the zombie infection that you have progresses and, your animations on your character will move abnormally or, zombielike and once your character is about to turn into a zombie your character will go insane, you won't be able to control him, he'll first fall over moaning, he will then start vomiting, after vomiting he will make growling noises and, congratulations!!! You have now become a full-fledged zombie and since of that here is your prize! it is............. A glass of milk and a cookie congratulations you have now become a zombie! summary without the humorous game-show conclusion, is your now basically a zombie............... Congrats.

Edited by Derpy Prince

Charged attacks are already in, there's just no indication for it. Hold RMB or CTRL for a short while and your attack gets stronger based on how long it's held down. Vehicles are also a planned feature and will be added down the road.

And amputation... I don't believe the devs have come in and commented on it, but the player base has talked about it a lot and the general consensus is that amputation doesn't stop zombification, but it could probably be added in case mundane diseases and infections like gangrene get implemented. Survival rate would be low but not impossible in these cases because... Let's face it, amputation is seriously risky business even when performed in a controlled setting like a hospital.

You already charge attacks by holding RMB/control longer. There's just not a bar.

Amputation has been suggested and has a few threads sitting about.

Vehicles are planned.

Campfires are already in the game.

Animals are planned.

*Some* more weapons are planned.

I highly recommend browsing this post before posting Suggestions, helps keep down on ideas that have been suggested many times: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/192-commonly-suggested-suggestions-read-before-posting/

Welcome to the forums!

S'alright. Take a little time to go over the stickied topics at the top of the suggestions forum to familiarize yourself with what has and hasn't been brought up. A lot of stuff has been suggested over the past couple years.

I wouldn't be opposed to being able to play as my zombie self. In fact, I'd like to go one more. Once NPCs are back in, multiple characters per world. Then you choose which one to play as when you load... unless they're dead, and neither alive nor a zombie. It wouldn't ruin the balance of the game too much, at a guess.

I wouldn't be opposed to being able to play as my zombie self. In fact, I'd like to go one more. Once NPCs are back in, multiple characters per world. Then you choose which one to play as when you load... unless they're dead, and neither alive nor a zombie. It wouldn't ruin the balance of the game too much, at a guess.

This has been discussed before and in fact would completely alter how the game is played. Project Zomboid is meant to be an intense game where death has meaning and is final. You're meant to play the game cautiously, with the knowledge that every step you take could be your last, and that if you mess up you lose everything. If you could simply hop into another nearby character and keep playing, it would encourage a much more bravado-filled hack 'n slash type of gameplay that isn't what PZ is about, at all.

Well, not exactly a nearby character. This has probably been part of the discussions had before, but I'll lay it out as best I can. My original explanation may not have conveyed exactly what I was trying to say. Most of this would definitely not work without the NPCs added back in.

Multiple characters saved per world. When one is being played, the others are off doing their own thing. Forming bands of survivors, or more likely dying horribly. Poaching any supplies the others you have could have found. When you go to load a game, the image only shows the last one you played, the others' locations or status would be a mystery. Attempting to load them, if they're dead, would report as such and boot you back to the "select a character" element. Also, just because they're created by you doesn't mean that the AI type the game chooses for them would make them any more likely to work with you than any other. I don't mean anything of the sort similar to "dying and being able to jump into a nearby NPC to play as them." New characters would still start randomly, wherever the game thinks is a good place for them, with nothing more than the clothes on their back. Now, thinking back about it, I do see that it would change the dynamic quite a bit.

I can understand the want for that, and I think it would be a really fun thing to do; however, I'm still not convinced it would be 'right' for Survival. I'd rather see it in Sandbox or as a mod, because no matter how you paint it, it would change how you play the game to a large extent, and that would alter perceptions of balance and the game as a whole.

Agreed, that's not a feature I'd want in the main element of the game, which I assume is Survival or, if such a thing came to be, any form of "story" mode, because the main focus of that would be surviving, not screwing around. Still, if t doesn't fit, it doesn't fit.